Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Breaking the Bank
Breaking the Bank
Jan 4 2012, 9:50 pm
By: Bolshevik09  

Jan 4 2012, 9:50 pm Bolshevik09 Post #1



Quote
"You can't use variables for the bank name or the player number because variables aren't even initialized when that code is called" - http://www.galaxywiki.net/Banks

What does this mean exactly, I'm having a few problems with banks storing integers and texts. The bank can store Booleans just fine but cant seem to recall integers or texts. I have the Key and section matched perfectly or my triggers are just mixed up..
But i use a "for each integer" action to restore my banks as following

For each integer counter from 1 to 3 with increment 1, do (Actions)
General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
If
(Load ("SaveState" + (String(counter))) of section "Boolean" from bank MoonShinesDat as boolean) == True
Then
Variable - Set GameTime Seconds[counter] = (Load "TotalTime" of section "Integer" from bank MoonSave[counter] as integer value)
Variable - Set Coinage[counter] = (Load "Coinage" of section "Integer" from bank MoonSave[counter] as integer value)
Variable - Set TotalXP[counter] = (Load "TotalXP" of section "Integer" from bank MoonSave[counter] as integer value)
Else

Where i have "MoonSave" as 3 different save files accordingly to if they exist in "MoonShinesDat"
Does it matter if my variable "Coinage" is the same as the "Coinage" key from my bank?



None.

Jan 4 2012, 10:05 pm Bolshevik09 Post #2



Well crap i just solved my own problem, realized i was recalling from "MoonSave[counter]" but i forgot to save that bank as a variable!
Still would like to know what WIKI is saying



None.

Jan 4 2012, 11:08 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It's a terrible description of: You can't use variables in preload bank names. The name must be typed out.

Also, I might just throw a bank example. It just shows the important functions with some comments and I did a copy bank content (except for saved units).

Attachments:
bankTest.SC2Map
Hits: 1 Size: 14.66kb




Jan 5 2012, 10:14 pm Bolshevik09 Post #4



Quote from Ahli
I might just throw a bank example. It just shows the important functions with some comments

Great Example Map

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 5 2012, 10:36 pm by Bolshevik09. Reason: Stupid question, Deleted



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor