Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Walkable Null Terrain
[SOLVED] Walkable Null Terrain
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 3 2012, 10:13 pm
By: LaZyMiCro  

Jan 3 2012, 10:13 pm LaZyMiCro Post #1



I noticed you can't use the walkable tiles for null terrain anymore. What is up with that? Did it move to a different location on the palette or am I doing something wrong? I'm using the ones by the creep. According to the wiki those next to the creep are the walkable null terrain for all ground units. :unsure:



None.

Jan 3 2012, 10:30 pm Raitaki Post #2



I think you can't create or preplace units on null terrain, but you can drop a unit onto it via dropship/reaver/overlord.



None.

Jan 3 2012, 10:30 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

You can't walk from normal walkable terrain onto that terrain, but you can create/teleport units on that terrain and they use that terrain like it is walkable for them until they leave it.




Jan 3 2012, 10:37 pm LaZyMiCro Post #4



I figured that was the answer when i read the wiki a little more carefully. But still, you used to be able to place the unit onto the terrain when editing the map. I've done it before, that's why I was curious. Thx



None.

Jan 3 2012, 10:44 pm lil-Inferno Post #5

Just here for the pie

Quote from LaZyMiCro
I figured that was the answer when i read the wiki a little more carefully. But still, you used to be able to place the unit onto the terrain when editing the map. I've done it before, that's why I was curious. Thx
Look in your unit placement options. You may have "Place Units Anywhere" turned off.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar