Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Dependencies could not be validated
Dependencies could not be validated
Nov 27 2011, 2:36 pm
By: ArReaper  

Nov 27 2011, 2:36 pm ArReaper Post #1



Hi, I've never made a mod on sc2 before so I wasnt sure what to do but this is what happened. I made my mod and published it to bnet.
Then I downloaded it and added it to my map and set the local pathway to the local file of the mod.

Now when I try to publish my map I am getting fail at 99-100% and receiving this error "dependencies could not be validated". Any help appreciated :)



None.

Nov 27 2011, 3:56 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Necessary steps for map + mod on battle.net:
1. upload mod
2. change the dependency in the map to the mod file that is on battle.net
3. save the map and publish it

I guess you have done that.

What I would try then:
- Delete the map cache (C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II\Maps\Cache) before you open your map. Maybe that helps.
- Delete dependency, save map, add Dependency again, save map, publish.




Nov 27 2011, 7:21 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Necessary steps for map + mod on battle.net:
1. upload mod
2. change the dependency in the map to the mod file that is on battle.net
3. save the map and publish it

I guess you have done that.
Actually, he says he was using the local mod instead of the one upload on B.net. :)



None.

Nov 27 2011, 7:38 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Quote from Ahli
Necessary steps for map + mod on battle.net:
1. upload mod
2. change the dependency in the map to the mod file that is on battle.net
3. save the map and publish it

I guess you have done that.
Actually, he says he was using the local mod instead of the one upload on B.net. :)
I guess he used both. Battle.net & local file (which is perfectly fine).




Nov 27 2011, 10:56 pm ArReaper Post #5



Hiya, thxs very much.
I was using the bnet mod and had set the local file path. I've sorted it now,
basically I was trying to convert my map into a mod by changing the extension and deleting the terrain.
But this doesnt work so I saved both map and mod as sc2components and copied the files I wanted into
the mod and now its working fine :)

So thank you again :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet