Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Kaboom!
Kaboom!
Jul 25 2011, 9:39 pm
By: Project100  

Jul 25 2011, 9:39 pm Project100 Post #1



I'm trying to make a custom ability for a firebat in my map that causes an explosion around him which damages enemies and not himself. Honestly, i don't know how to do any of it.

Edit: I managed to create the ability up a certain point. I'm now stuck on creating the proper animation for it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 26 2011, 5:42 am by Project100.



None.

Jul 26 2011, 8:14 am Devourer Post #2

Hello

What you are looking for are Actors.
Let's go to the data-editor, open the tab "Actors" and search for the Actor "Ghost - Nuclearlaunch Explosion" (or something similar to that) and duplicate it.
Only duplicate the actor, not the model and the sound.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1476/explo1.png

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 26 2011, 8:30 am by Devourer.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 26 2011, 5:11 pm Project100 Post #3



How do i actually link the actor to the ability i want? I can't find the option for it.

Edit: figured it out, but i also figured out that the nuclear explosion is WAY too big for what i want.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 26 2011, 5:18 pm by Project100.



None.

Jul 26 2011, 8:32 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

Scale it :)
Should be findable under "Actor" tab of the actor.
Else you might want to add another event to that box and set the action to scale.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 26 2011, 9:08 pm Project100 Post #5



It's more the shape of the explosion as well. Plus it burns the lovely trees i have in the map! What I would really want is the firebat normal attack shooting from him in all 8 directions, but im not sure if thats possible.

Edit: I know your editor is in german, but is stuff also set up differently?



None.

Jul 26 2011, 11:01 pm Roy Post #6

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Project100
Edit: I know your editor is in german, but is stuff also set up differently?
No, I don't believe so; the appearance can be customized using the buttons above the tab Devourer is pointing to in his screenshot.




Jul 27 2011, 3:00 am Project100 Post #7



I knew that much, but i just was wondering if things are in different orders, as in how the tabs appear on the top.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet