Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Replace terrain [Mass-paste?]
Replace terrain [Mass-paste?]
Jul 7 2011, 5:43 am
By: ValiantKnife  

Jul 7 2011, 5:43 am ValiantKnife Post #1



I'm not sure if I should make this here or the terraining section.

I'm using the newest version of SCMDraft (downloaded via a topic here), and while I was making a map I somehow replaced all of one type of tile (e.g. high cliff wall subtile 1) with a different type of tile (e.g. high basilica subtile 2). I have no idea how I did it, and freaked out when it happened. Ctrl+z restored everything to normal. Now, however, I /want/ to replace all of a certain tile type, but can't figure out how I did it.

Any help?



None.

Jul 7 2011, 6:39 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Don't worry, this is one of the right sections to post this :) (the other possible area would be Mapping Tools).

I'm not sure if ScmDraft is capable of doing this operation (I have been requesting/hoping it would). From what you described, it's possible that you may have switched the Map Tileset, which you can change under Scenario -> Map Description. This, however, changes the entire tileset, so more than just one tile would change. However, you cannot "Ctrl+Z" this; you would have to set the tileset back to the original to reset the effect.

As far as I know, this feature is not supported. I thoroughly looked through SCMD2 just to be sure, and there is definitely no obvious way to do it.

You'll probably have to do it manually.




Jul 7 2011, 7:33 pm rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

You can use the subtile and hold down shift to change certain things.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 8 2011, 9:43 am ValiantKnife Post #4



Though the subtile thing is cool and changing tilesets is nice, neither of those are what happened. I'm pretty sure what happened is what Roy has been requesting. I think I had a particular piece of high cliff selected in a copy/paste job while doing a blend.

Somehow ... Somehow.. .. I clicked some sort of drop-down, the tile stayed in the "paste" rectangle, and when I clicked a similar cliff spot, every cliff spot of type 2 changed to type 1 across my entire screen. I don't know if I glitched something or what.

The subtile thing might come in handy for what I want to do, though. Messing with it now. Thanks!


Edit: Holy SHIT! That subtile+shift trick is AWESOME. Thanks! Still would like to be able to use "replace" for other areas, though.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 8 2011, 9:53 am by ValiantKnife.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider, Moose