Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Where do I specify the UI cost display?
Where do I specify the UI cost display?
Jun 11 2011, 6:39 pm
By: reapur  

Jun 11 2011, 6:39 pm reapur Post #1



Hi,
I've been at this for many hours, literally and I can't find where to make this happen
Please look at this pic
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6759990/Capture.PNG
you see where it says 350 for minerals and 250 for vespene.
Where is that specified in the editor?
I added a "warp in Selendis" and I want to assign cost to it.

Thanks



None.

Jun 11 2011, 6:52 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

If you open the Data Editor and select the unit, you can modify its cost in the "Cost" tab. This will update the UI automatically.




Jun 11 2011, 6:59 pm reapur Post #3



If I understand what you mean then I've already done that
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6759990/Capture1.PNG
What this seems to do is make you have to "purchase" this unit, but it doesn't display the costs in when you highlight it in the stargate.

cheers



None.

Jun 11 2011, 7:10 pm Raitaki Post #4



Quote from reapur
If I understand what you mean then I've already done that
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6759990/Capture1.PNG
What this seems to do is make you have to "purchase" this unit, but it doesn't display the costs in when you highlight it in the stargate.

cheers
Edit its Tooltips. Make it show the correct prize when hovering the mouse over its icon.



None.

Jun 11 2011, 7:17 pm Roy Post #5

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

You probably have the button set up incorrectly for creating your custom unit. You would probably want to create a separate button, but it would be possible to re-use the existing Carrier button.

In the ability "Stargate - Train" you can set up the command card to train your unit. You can basically copy one of the existing units' data for the ability and change the "Info - Unit" to your custom unit.




Jun 11 2011, 9:26 pm NicholasBeige Post #6



Hey reapur! (and welcome to SEN?) :)



Yup - you've set up the unit correctly, but you need to modify the ability that causes that unit to be trained here.

As you can see at Step 4, each Train ## command has a Button and a Unit linked to it. The Button is what is graphically displayed in the command card, as well as the tooltip - but not the unit costs directly for the production building (ie: Icon of a Carrier in the Stargate's command card). The Unit is the actual unit which will be created, and this contains all the information such as cost, build time etc... Once you've re-used or added a button, and linked your new custom unit (ie: Selendis Hero which costs 2000m and 2000g) to the Train ability, it should work like a treat!

Let us know how you get on :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City