Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Dark Archon energy stuck at zero
[SOLVED] Dark Archon energy stuck at zero
Jun 2 2011, 11:29 am
By: IceKnight366  

Jun 2 2011, 11:29 am IceKnight366 Post #1



I'm editing a version of Laser Tag that has a Dark Archon in it. I've been playing it for about 3 months and almost everyone I've played with seems to agree that the dark archon should NOT have infinite energy to just cast mael over and over again (indeed, it seems kind of cheap). Because that is the way it is right now. Right now, the DA's energy is constantly at 0, and it costs 0 energy to cast mael, so you can just cast it for infinity. So what I want to do is make it so it costs at least 25 energy to cast mael. This isn't difficult to do, I can make it so it costs 25 energy no problem. The problem is, it doesn't matter if it costs 25 energy, because the DA's energy is always stuck at 0.

The difficulty is, I can't find a trigger ANYWHERE that is causing the DA's energy to stay at 0. Moreover, I can't find anything in the properties of the unit, nor the unit editing screen, that would enable the unit to start gaining energy normally. Any tips as to what I should be looking for to change this? Whether it's in the triggers or somewhere else? What would a trigger like this look like if it were that? (obviously I don't want to set the 25ish units that I've already worked on back to default)

Thanks everyone!



None.

Jun 2 2011, 12:32 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

open the map in scmdraft.

Use "trigger editor" aka trigedit and copy/paste the triggers into notepad. Search for the trigger in notepad instead. The DA can only lose its energy by triggers.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 2 2011, 7:42 pm IceKnight366 Post #3



I have SCMDraft2, so maybe it's different.

The only option I have is:

Triggers-->Classic Map Triggers--> (gives me trigger edit screen)

But there is no option to copy and paste the triggers, as if they were in microsoft word format or something. If you copy it, it just creates a duplicate at the bottom of the triggers screen like normal.



None.

Jun 2 2011, 7:48 pm DevliN Post #4

Woah

That's what he meant by scmdraft. :D

There should be another option under Triggers called "Trigger Editor." That's the one that will let you copy and paste them.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Jun 2 2011, 8:15 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #5



Edited it for you :D

Attachments:
MILES Laser Tag V100 FINAL5.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 53.23kb



None.

Jun 2 2011, 9:47 pm jjf28 Post #6

Cartography Artisan

(did you fix it in the download?) seems their is no modifying of it's energy, would guess that somewhere it's removed and recreated?



TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jun 2 2011, 9:51 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #7



Ya I fixed it, it's just 1 tiny trigger



None.

Jun 2 2011, 11:21 pm IceKnight366 Post #8



THanks guys! I actually figured it out after I posted my last point. I don't know how I missed it (I guess it's because there are like 200 triggers lol). Yeah, xboi is right, it was just one tiny trigger.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Wing Zero, Oh_Man