Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Dialog background
[SOLVED] Dialog background
May 31 2011, 2:39 am
By: Bolshevik09  

May 31 2011, 2:39 am Bolshevik09 Post #1



So i want a image i made to appear on the screen. Ive got the .dds file but its not split up like this: http://www.galaxywiki.net/wiki/Dialog_Background
Does it have to be cut up like this? Cant i just have a imported image displayed?? why is it so complex???
Can i just make a .tga and use that?
Ive attached my image as well



None.

May 31 2011, 2:49 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You do have to cut it up to use it as the article suggests; I think if you just want it as a dialog background you can keep it how it is. You can use tga as long as you rename it to .dds before you import it.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 31 2011, 4:27 am Bolshevik09 Post #3



Quote from Jack
You do have to cut it up to use it as the article suggests; I think if you just want it as a dialog background you can keep it how it is. You can use tga as long as you rename it to .dds before you import it.
well i am so confused as in how to cut it up, and if i use the dds file as it is, it gets distorted.



None.

May 31 2011, 4:38 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Open up your image in one window in your image editing program. Open up the cut up image from the article in another window. Select each part as the wiki displays and paste it into the correct area until your image is cut up. Then when used as a dialog background, starcraft II will move the parts around until it is correctly displayed.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 31 2011, 5:49 am DevliN Post #5

Woah

Quote
why is it so complex???
They designed it so that one image can be used for the entire dialog without resizing issues. It really isn't that complex, and the article explains it fairly well. I tried my best to write it as simply as possible. Here's what it would have to look like ultimately:


One thing to note, though, is that unless your dialog is the same size as your posted image, it will not look that great as the top, bottom, left, and right sides will look awful when repeating (as seen int he image above). You'd be better off hiding the dialog background and creating that image as a dialog item (image) instead.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 31 2011, 6:01 am by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Jun 1 2011, 2:53 am Bolshevik09 Post #6



Quote from DevliN
You'd be better off hiding the dialog background and creating that image as a dialog item (image) instead.
Thats the answer I'm looking for. i just wanted to place an image on the screen. SO simple!
But no i understand cutting up the image now, it is kinda complex at first but makes sense in the end. Thanks



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City