Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: The Reward is Cheese
The Reward is Cheese
May 17 2011, 1:53 pm
By: Alzarath  

May 17 2011, 1:53 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

The Reward is Cheese


Objectives:
  • Gather cheese from mazes filled with obstacles faster than the rest of the mice.
  • Destroy the enemies with an army fueled with the collected cheese.

Progress:
  • Combat area is basically complete, room for additions
  • 15 levels complete, 180 available level slots
  • 4 game modes will be included, 2 are available atm
  • 5 upgrades are available


Game Modes:
  • Classic - Levels are played in chronological order
  • Classic Elimination - Classic without reviving per level
  • Random - Levels are played in a random order
  • Random Elimination - Random without reviving per level

I have a tutorial up that I'll be linking with a way to create and send me new levels, to help progress. I'll release it when I feel ready.

The first 15 levels are based on the 15 levels from the original The Reward is Cheese.

Upgrades:
  • Speed [3|4|5|6|7] - Increases the speed of the mouse by 0.2 each level
    Level 1: 3.2 speed
    Level 2: 3.4 speed
    Level 3: 3.6 speed
    Level 4: 3.8 speed
    Level 5: 4.0 speed
  • Blink [10|6|8] - Gives the mouse a blink ability to jump a short distance
    Level 1: 15 second cooldown
    Level 2: 12.5 second cooldown
    Level 3: 10 second cooldown
  • Create Wall [8|10] - Creates a wall block at the target location
    Level 1: 1 charge
    Level 2: 2 charges
  • Destroy Wall [8|10] - Destroys a targeted wall
    Level 1: 1 charge
    Level 2: 2 charges
  • Phase Shift [4|6|8] - Makes the mouse invulnerable, yet unable to collect cheese or use abilities for 3 seconds.
    Level 1: 1 charge
    Level 2: 2 charges
    Level 3: 3 charges

Screenshots:



Version History:
  • v1.0
    Initial Release
  • v1.1
    Added Random and Random Elimination
    Minor data edits
    Trigger optimization

Credits:
sdery23 - Original StarCraft 1 map
Corbo - Cheese model

Wanna help? Watch my tutorial and make me some levels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXEPcVEgnc


Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jun 2 2011, 2:14 am by Artanis186.



None.

Jun 2 2011, 2:15 am Alzarath Post #2

Praetor

Added a tutorial (bottom of the post) on creating levels for me.



None.

Oct 26 2011, 10:27 pm Tempz Post #3



I really like how you stayed true to original the reward is cheese; good job keep up the good work.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Symmetry, City