Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Make Infested Terran spawn different units?
Make Infested Terran spawn different units?
May 6 2011, 3:10 am
By: CabinTrail  

May 6 2011, 3:10 am CabinTrail Post #1



How would I go about this? I've been trying it. But no matter what I do it doesn't work.



None.

May 6 2011, 4:01 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

In the ability, you should find a "Create Unit" effect, or something like that. Change the unit that the effect creates.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 6 2011, 4:05 am CabinTrail Post #3



Already tried that. It just breaks the ability. There's alot of effects and such on it.



None.

May 6 2011, 4:06 am Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from DevliN
In the ability, you should find a "Create Unit" effect, or something like that. Change the unit that the effect creates.
The name of the ability is "Infestor Egg - MorphToInfestedTerran (Unnamed)." Changing the unit in "Ability - Info" should change the unit that is created.

However, when changing the unit, the Infestor's eggs will not start the counter to hatch for units other than the Infested Terran. I did a partial duplicate of the Infested Terran and the counter started, but the egg did not hatch when it was supposed to. I couldn't find anything in the Infested Terran unit data that would cause this, so there's probably a linked effect or ability. I really don't have enough knowledge of the Data Editor to chase this down, though.




May 6 2011, 4:08 am CabinTrail Post #5



Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
In the ability, you should find a "Create Unit" effect, or something like that. Change the unit that the effect creates.
The name of the ability is "Infestor Egg - MorphToInfestedTerran (Unnamed)." Changing the unit in "Ability - Info" should change the unit that is created.

However, when changing the unit, the Infestor's eggs will not start the counter to hatch for units other than the Infested Terran. I did a partial duplicate of the Infested Terran and the counter started, but the egg did not hatch when it was supposed to. I couldn't find anything in the Infested Terran unit data that would cause this, so there's probably a linked effect or ability. I really don't have enough knowledge of the Data Editor to chase this down, though.

I've been combing the effects and nothing there seems to do anything for me. I got it up to the egg spawning with a copy. But the timer not showing up.

Edit: It has to do with SpawnEgg or the infested swarm data set. Ithink.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 6 2011, 4:13 am by CabinTrail.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City