Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Mod files in Battle.net system broken
Mod files in Battle.net system broken
Apr 2 2011, 1:36 pm
By: Ahli  

Apr 2 2011, 1:36 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It started when I updated my dependency to the mod file in battle.net because I saw that the file version was stated as "1.0".
BUT I knew that my uploaded version had the version number "1.1". So I corrected it per modifying and selecting the dependency again.

Since then, the mod dependency will crash Starcraft 2, if I test the map online (in battle.net).
Local testing wasn't possible now because the editor couldn't load the dependency :(.

Then I've reuploaded everything. It is still crashing, but local testing with battle.net mod files work somehow.

Without dependency the map is running fine.




Apr 2 2011, 7:20 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Is there anything fancy in the mod file/s going on with ui or data editing? Is the mod dependency in the correct order? (your dependencies should be on top) Try changing the version number back to 1.0 for both the mod and the map's chosen dependency.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 3 2011, 1:46 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

no, they contain only imported files. nothing else...
all fancy stuff is in the main map file.

edit:
SOMETIMES I am able to use 1 mod file that has a version greater than "1.0".
Atm I've somehow managed to keep my non-music sound mod file running.

edit:
I've fixed a bug and uploaded the new version and it starts crashing again...
I can't see a pattern in this...

edit:
now it worked. This seems to be completely random...

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 3 2011, 1:00 pm by Ahli.




Apr 12 2011, 9:54 am Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Found a fix:
Delete the map cache folder on your OS partition.

SC2 seems to fail to check for new mod files and crashed during loading screen because something is wrong.

Other players that aren't the publisher can play the map just fine...




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City