anti-save
Mar 9 2011, 8:58 am
By: DrZygote214  

Mar 9 2011, 8:58 am DrZygote214 Post #1



Lately I've noticed a few maps (mostly korean) that, while they let you save, if you load, it somehow crashes. How do you implement this and what tool(s) can do this? Is it really foolproof or is there a way around it?

I've also noticed that these maps are protected really well. Is there a new protection tool out?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2011, 9:20 am by DrZygote214.



None.

Mar 10 2011, 1:29 am NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It's probably some EUD condition that can detect if a game has been loaded. Once it detects it he crashes your game with a sprite or something. You could try searching for keyword "EUD" as I can't give you any specifics, but I've read about it on SEN.

Koreans more often have new tools then we get notice here, but you can try StarCraft Map Cracker (SMC) to unprotect it. It's a korean unprotector so it might work.




Mar 10 2011, 2:38 am Raitaki Post #3



I think that if the number of triggers passes a certain amount, the map automatically becomes unsavable in singleplayer. I think you'd need EUDs for multi.



None.

Mar 10 2011, 2:46 am Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Raitaki
I think that if the number of triggers passes a certain amount, the map automatically becomes unsavable in singleplayer. I think you'd need EUDs for multi.
Yes, the game just crashes at saving attemp...
But for the filesize's sake, that's not a good approach unless you want to add 2mb worth of triggers in your map.

Quote from MyRandomEUDKnowledgeTextFile
Deaths("Player 12", "ID:22297", Exactly, 1702257011);
= Memory(267575, Exactly, 1702257011);
detects "save" in the filename's path... = you are playing a savegame
I forgot where I got that from. Maybe Echo... can't remember. Maybe that (still) works.




Mar 13 2011, 3:08 am Heinermann Post #5

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

The save and load crash is a mere bug. There are many reasons that it can occur, none of which I've actually figured out. I have experienced this in the past with saving on my test map after stacking several powerups.




Mar 15 2011, 8:29 am Warlord_Master Post #6



like NukeRaider said, try SMC, I use that for all my maps and a side effect of its protection is that it crashes you from loading saved game if you use SMC. The korean maps probably used smc so...



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar