Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Complete Gallery of Tileset Textures
Complete Gallery of Tileset Textures
Jan 10 2011, 9:50 am
By: Drant  

Jan 10 2011, 9:50 am Drant Post #1




Rendered in SC2 editor with max video settings. Preview space backgrounds, natural and artificial cliffs, and all 24 tilesets of 8 textures each.
Compiled for map makers' convenience in deciding a tileset or custom textures set.

PNG Sample (Lossless):

JPG Sample (75% Quality Compression):


For comparison before downloading - PNG vs JPG:


Download:
PNG (432MB)
Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/6eg4fj6l86kbqjo/SC2WoL%20Tilesets%20I.zip
Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2v4v2u8u1zr7dg/SC2WoL%20Tilesets%20II.zip
Part 3 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/5jj5e8lo4ejd4js/SC2WoL%20Tilesets%20III.zip

JPG (48MB) http://www.mediafire.com/file/0miyynvbh3ol6u7/SC2WoL%20Tilesets%20JPEG.zip

Tips:
Use different tileset textures in your map by going to:
SC2 Editor -> (Menu) Map -> Map Textures... -> (Tab) Textures -> Modify
Data Editor will be opened to the Data Type "Terrain Texture Sets", on the right panel scroll to the bottom to see and use the "Terrain Textures" swap list.

You are limited to an 8 texture palette only. Save when done then reload your map, then go to Map -> Map Textures and click the texture icons on right column to match it with your newly added texture. Note textures may look different than the gallery's depending on your map's lighting [(Menu) Window -> Lighting].

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 11 2011, 9:45 pm by Drant.



None.

Jan 10 2011, 2:05 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



In before Payne asks you to write a wiki article...

Nice - but sort of common knowledge to most intermediate mappers. In the second image have you just used two Man-Made cliffs instead of 1 Man-Made and 1 Organic? I really hope Blizzard lifts the restrictions on Cliff Heights / types of cliffs.



None.

Jan 10 2011, 6:30 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

http://www.galaxywiki.net/index.php?title=Terrain_Types_%28Textures%29 ;o

Maybe just requires a little update. ;)



None.

Jan 10 2011, 7:55 pm Drant Post #4



Organic can only stack on organic, and the same for manmade cliffs. There are only two cliff levels above the "sea level" and one negative cliff level. I work around the cliff limitations by raising the terrain height and adding doodad/pathing blockers.



None.

Jan 11 2011, 4:49 am Drant Post #5



Here's all the skyboxes/star backgrounds in 1920x1200 resolution if you want to add to the Skybox wiki page.
PNG (36MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ry6wwp5589xs59/SC2WoL%20Skyboxes.zip

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8726/sc2editorskyboxstarback.png

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 11 2011, 9:46 pm by Drant.



None.

Jan 25 2011, 3:42 am Corbo Post #6

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Cool.
Didn't know that SEN was now allowing the free distribution of blizzard copyrighted material now.

Guess the rules have changed a bit in this new era.
Quote
Corbo: didn't know SEN was allowing distribution of blizzard copyrighted material now.
Moose: Neither did I.




fuck you all

Jan 25 2011, 4:40 am payne Post #7

:payne:

This exact same post was made on Blizzard's forum and I believe it did not get removed (though I'm not sure).
Also, since his zip contains only PNG files, there's nothing wrong about it I believe... A YouTube video containing a single frame of terrain from SC2 would be as illegal.



None.

Jan 28 2011, 6:28 pm ImagoDeo Post #8



Quote from payne
This exact same post was made on Blizzard's forum and I believe it did not get removed (though I'm not sure).
Also, since his zip contains only PNG files, there's nothing wrong about it I believe... A YouTube video containing a single frame of terrain from SC2 would be as illegal.

Besides that, this isn't for profit.



None.

Feb 8 2011, 7:14 am DevliN Post #9

Woah

Since we can pull this from the editor, I don't see what the issue is anyway. I see this as being similar to taking a screenshot of each type of terrain in StarEdit and distributing that.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet