Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Message errors
Message errors
Jan 7 2011, 5:59 pm
By: payne  

Jan 7 2011, 5:59 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

Quote
[1/7/2011 12:58:04 PM] Warning: Orphaned trigger function call removed: Function Call 'Triggering Unit' (Function Call, C1D5AE8C, Lib: 0)
[1/7/2011 12:58:04 PM] Warning: Invalid trigger element reference removed from Parameter Value 'Unknown' (Function Call, C1D5AE8C, Lib: 0)
Every now and then, I get this message... it always makes me think some of my triggers have been screwed, yet when I try to look for a trigger missing, there never is one... So what the hell are those messages supposed to warn me about?



None.

Jan 7 2011, 6:11 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Do you get these when you close and reopen your map?

I'm no expert on message errors, but they appear to be warnings that invalid code was found. This can occur when you copy/paste events, conditions and/or actions, or when you move them around.

They aren't removing entire triggers. The first one looked like it removed a parameter using (Triggering unit) improperly. It said it was an orphaned trigger, so removing it wouldn't have an effect on your game.

The editor GUI can be a bit buggy, and it will notice mistakes when you re-open the map, if any are present. I wouldn't stress over these warnings.

Edit: Just in case they're important, I'll keep mine up here for safekeeping.
:awesome:


Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 7 2011, 8:34 pm by Roy.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet