Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: General Newbie Tutorial?
General Newbie Tutorial?
Nov 20 2010, 8:40 pm
By: Tempz  

Nov 20 2010, 8:40 pm Tempz Post #1



Its been really hard to play around with the Galaxy Edit... Is there any form of tutorial for the galaxy edit and if so please link it...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 23 2010, 9:08 pm by Tempz.



None.

Nov 20 2010, 8:54 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



What aspect of the Galaxy Editor are you most interested in?

These will be of use to you for the Data Editor
Do them in that order, I think.



None.

Nov 20 2010, 9:51 pm Tempz Post #3



Anything about custom ui?



None.

Nov 20 2010, 10:18 pm NicholasBeige Post #4



Yep - its shit and hard. But feel free to make one :P
  • UI Frames - a nice list of them showing what they hide, also a demonstration here of what a UI could look like, with measurements.
  • Custom UI - Paynes article with a nice trigger showing how to create a custom UI




None.

Nov 20 2010, 10:51 pm DevliN Post #5

Woah

Also http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Starter_Guide



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 21 2010, 2:28 am Tempz Post #6



Thanks all very helpful... for the sake of others who may require additional resources please keep this thread open.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 23 2010, 9:07 pm by Tempz.



None.

Nov 21 2010, 3:42 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Tempz
Its been really hard to paly around with the Galaxy Edit... Is there any form of tutorial for the galaxy edit and if so please link it...
It doesn't look like you've searched a lot in the wiki itself: there's a -huge- "Starter Guide" link in the Main Page, and you've asked for a 'Custom UI' wiki... all you had to do was to type "Custom UI" in the search bar to find it! :><:
Anyways, I guess Cardinal and Devlin lead you to the right places. :P



None.

Nov 23 2010, 9:07 pm Tempz Post #8



How'd you make your name orange... ORANNNNGGGGEEE!!!!11!!!

Anywho i guess your right i really should of looked into the wiki first...



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur