Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: How to avoid air units to slowly turn
How to avoid air units to slowly turn
Nov 16 2010, 1:30 pm
By: Devourer  

Nov 16 2010, 1:30 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

hey, I need help, I tried like everything but it simply don't want to work: how, in this case phoenix, can I cause a unit to directly move towards the target point.
The problem is, that for example a phoenix comes from left and gets an order to move downwards, it first moves in a curve instead of suddenly moving downwards. So yea, how to? (NP if animation would break)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 16 2010, 2:20 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

maybe changing direction per trigger to its order point?
At least I can't figure that out with data editor, too.
I had no success with turning speed, lateral acceleration, mover type editing :(
Turning speed should be higher if that should be possible I guess.




Nov 16 2010, 2:28 pm DevliN Post #3

Woah

By target point do you mean that its being moved by triggers or by the player? I'm testing just moving a Phoenix manually and don't get the same effect, though I'm probably not getting the question.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 16 2010, 2:32 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

I think both got the same effect, but I am talking about triggers. Letting it turn back about 180° or similar will cause it to directly turn, but not if you, e.g., use 90°.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 21 2010, 6:32 pm Syphon Post #5



Did you try maxing out the lateral acceleration and turning speed in the movement tab?



None.

Nov 21 2010, 6:47 pm NicholasBeige Post #6



yeah im pretty sure the unit movement tab will contain all the stuff you need to do this.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur