Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Bank Loading Locally?
Bank Loading Locally?
Nov 7 2010, 5:44 am
By: payne  

Nov 7 2010, 5:44 am payne Post #1

:payne:

It looks like this trigger would only load properly locally: http://vgshorts.com/BBCode/BBCode3.php?ID=191
I'm trying to store the data of a bank (a simple integer) into a variable.

When I test locally my map, everything's fine, but in Battle.net 2.0, it doesn't work anymore.



None.

Nov 7 2010, 6:46 pm aalleecc248 Post #2



Perhaps you could try using Data Tables instead of Banks. I believe that Data Tables have 2 different types. (Local and Global) In this case, you would want to "Save Data Table (Integer) whenever someone makes a lap, so that it records the amount of time it took. You can make it so that the fastest time with:
If
----New Record <= (Value of Data Table (Integer))
Then
----(Save Data Table Value (Integer))


EDIT: Nvm, it doesn't work.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 7 2010, 7:34 pm by aalleecc248.



None.

Nov 7 2010, 7:02 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Data Tables crosses maps just like Banks?!
I am using Banks to save the individual record of players, but I do have a trigger that updates this value by checking if the current lap time is smaller than the current best record.
It works 100% fine locally, but online, it doesn't. O_O



None.

Nov 7 2010, 8:23 pm Tempz Post #4



Then use data banks for locally and save banks for multiplayer... :O



None.

Nov 7 2010, 8:30 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote from Tempz
Then use data banks for locally and save banks for multiplayer... :O
>_>

This is what I am trying to do, but obviously I am not able to, hence this thread, which is asking for help because I don't understand how banks work.



None.

Nov 7 2010, 8:39 pm Temp Post #6



Why do you call the preload trigger after you have opened the bank O_o
Also arrays start at 0, and seeing your save trigger would help.



None.

Nov 7 2010, 8:44 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Temp
Why do you call the preload trigger after you have opened the bank O_o
Also arrays start at 0, and seeing your save trigger would help.
1) I've read somewhere that no matter where you put the preload trigger, it is being ran before anything else when the map is loading (during the loading screen).
2) I like to create 13-arrays variables even though I use only 12 because it permits me to skip the array '0' and thus use Picked Integer for a player number and make it correspond to the array size.
3) Here's my map: http://www.mediafire.com/?da3q3vy3adsrk1r



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur