Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: I have something cool to show you
I have something cool to show you
Oct 9 2010, 5:22 pm
By: swb4u1  

Oct 9 2010, 5:22 pm swb4u1 Post #1







Hi I am a Korean map maker, MakerMate

I am now making a AoS map (Chaos) using EUD

This is a part of the systems.

I hope you enjoy it! :D

PS. Sorry to not category-matching



None.

Oct 11 2010, 8:41 am The Starport Post #2



Hard to believe that's not modding.



None.

Oct 11 2010, 5:05 pm Heinermann Post #3

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

It's not hard to believe when it uses EUD actions.

First video: Change scourge iscript ID?
Second: Change Archon weapon properties

There isn't much difficulty in those changes.
AFAIK Koreans have an entire EUD-only forum. They've made much more use of EUDs than we have.




Oct 11 2010, 5:14 pm Fisty Post #4



Bravo, I've always wondered what the Archon would look like ingame without the massive ball. Something like this would make the entire USEast shit a brick.



None.

Oct 11 2010, 5:26 pm poison_us Post #5

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Curse. College. Internet. This waiting for the videos is killing me :massimo:

Can anyone provide a description of what's going on?





Oct 11 2010, 6:47 pm FoxWolf1 Post #6



Quote from Fisty
Bravo, I've always wondered what the Archon would look like ingame without the massive ball. Something like this would make the entire USEast shit a brick.

Except that if you were to bring this to USEast, nothing would happen (except maybe you desynching), because the people who joined your game wouldn't have used the third-party software, like our EUD Action Enabler or the Korean AquaProtect, necessary to make it work. I've always taken that to be the reason why our research into EUD actions more or less stopped when they were patched, despite the existence of downgrade patches and (later) enabling software: we want to be able to play our maps without special advance preparation. Besides, if you're going to require everyone in the game to modify their Starcraft anyway, why not just make an actual mod, or if you really care about reducing the number of outside downloads, an SCMLoader-based mod-map?



None.

Oct 11 2010, 8:53 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I've never messed with the graphic entries with EUD actions. So it is pretty cool to see that. I have no idea what is possible with that.

Keep up the work. I like seeing some EUD maps (even if I'm not playing sc1 anymore). :)




Oct 12 2010, 5:05 am samsizzle Post #8



what program did you guys use to record this? I've tried so many programs and they keep fucking up sc's graphics.



None.

Oct 15 2010, 12:01 am Heinermann Post #9

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

I don't know what he used but I use VHScrCap/VHToolkit and Starcraft in W-MODE.
Make sure the recording area is the same size as the Starcraft screen (640x480 by default).




Oct 15 2010, 1:07 am stickynote Post #10



How did you do the first one?
And how did you make the psi shockwave a projectile? When I just increase the range, the ball only appears at the target.



None.

Oct 15 2010, 1:57 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #11

👻 👾 👽 💪

You change the weapon behavior to fly to target instead of appear on target.



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 15 2010, 2:14 am stickynote Post #12



Ah. Thanks. Ur an 3UD $up3r$t4R!
Too bad your eud enabler isn't wide spread in the U.S.; that would make for some crazy multiplayer games.



None.

Oct 15 2010, 2:39 am poison_us Post #13

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Can you post a link to the toolkit? Google fails.




Oct 15 2010, 3:05 am stickynote Post #14



Are you talking about vh toolkit?



None.

Oct 26 2010, 7:29 am poison_us Post #15

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Broken link, for me... finally found a working (direct) link: http://www.tinkernut.com/downloads/VHToolkit_inst.exe.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zakerozi