Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Computer Allied with players
[Solved] Computer Allied with players
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 4 2010, 9:38 pm
By: DevliN  

Oct 4 2010, 9:38 pm DevliN Post #1

Woah

I was just wondering if anyone has found a way to get a Computer player to ally with Human players? I'm currently working on a map in which the players control heroes that face oncoming enemy units. They also need an allied computer player to assist in the killing, but I can't seem to get the Computers to ally or the Neutrals to kill each other.

I have seen maps that essentially use one of the human players as a base for allied computer-controlled units, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Oct 5 2010, 2:21 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

It can easily be done via triggers. Assuming player 1 is the human, player 2 is the allied computer, and player 3 is the enemy computer:

  Events
    Game - Map initialization
  Local Variables
  Conditions
  Actions
Player - Make player 1 and player 2 treat each other as Ally
Player - Make player 1 and player 3 treat each other as Enemy
    Player - Make player 2 and player 3 treat each other as Enemy




Oct 5 2010, 2:22 am DevliN Post #3

Woah

Hmm I tried that originally and it didn't work. I'll give it a shot again, though. Maybe something went wrong the first time.

EDIT:
Okay yeah, that worked. Originally I set the alliance status of a player group, but didn't have players in said groups. Go me!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2010, 2:31 am by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL