Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Power-ups
[Solved] Power-ups
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 17 2010, 3:25 am
By: payne  

Sep 17 2010, 3:25 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Hi there,

I'm currently working on "STALKERena". I'm now at designing the power-ups system. I have tried many things for both of these systems, though all failed.
Here is the map. I have commented a bit the power-ups effects, though all I really want to know is how the hell I can get it to work properly. :(

Also, I have an AI trigger that triggers itself only when a unit stops being idle... the problem is that all units start as non-idle since they haven't done any action yet. What I've tried to do is to order all units to blink once at a random point at the start of the map, but somehow it won't work. O.o

Thanks for help in advance! :awesome:

Attachments:
STALKERena.SC2Map
Hits: 3 Size: 54.84kb



None.

Sep 18 2010, 1:47 am payne Post #2

:payne:

Anyone? :(

EDIT: Oh well, I fixed my problem using centered regions, but I'm still quite sure there's a more efficient way to do this. Why wasn't the "Unit enters range of unit" event working? :O

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 18 2010, 2:11 am by payne.



None.

Sep 19 2010, 2:47 am Sand Wraith Post #3



Quote from payne
Anyone? :(

EDIT: Oh well, I fixed my problem using centered regions, but I'm still quite sure there's a more efficient way to do this. Why wasn't the "Unit enters range of unit" event working? :O

"Unit enters range of unit" seems to require a pre-placed unit as one of the arguments (IIRC). It's pretty unit specific.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zoan, JamaL