Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Most efficient way to trigger my map.
Most efficient way to trigger my map.
Aug 29 2010, 10:17 pm
By: fat_flying_pigs  

Aug 29 2010, 10:17 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #1



How would I make the trigger:
If current player buys a hero, then a) Center point/region on his bunker and create unit, or b) Create unit at his bunker.
[note: current player*, there are 8 different players with 8 different bunkers.]

And since this will apply to a bunch of heroes, and therefore a bunch of triggers exactly like the above, is there a way to say:
If player has his "buy hero menu" CLOSED, then skip all those triggers in the trigger cycle for that player. (So those triggers won't be checked for if they meet the requirement, and reduce trigger lag)




Also, I have to create (a bunch of) units for each player at his bunker. Is there a way to loop the units for each player at each location?
Currently, I have:
Create A at Point 1 for Player 1
Create B at Point 1 for Player 1
Create C at Point 1 for Player 1
Create D at Point 1 for Player 1
Create A at Point 2 for Player 2
Create B at Point 2 for Player 2
Create C at Point 2 for Player 2
Create D at Point 2 for Player 2
etc.

The units A-D are the same, but the points and players are different. Currently, I have 88 (11 units * 8 players) actions. Is there a way to make it less (some kind of loop).



None.

Sep 3 2010, 3:36 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death



You'd have to fill the point and unit type arrays, but after you did that, this is the kind of loop you'd be looking for. Since your points aren't based on an algorithm, they have to be manually specified, which would cause the several lines.

If your points were based on an algorithm, of course, you could cut down the lines of actions by using a loop like mentioned above.




Sep 3 2010, 5:28 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Use "Cargo Unit" action to load a bunker.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose