Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Limitations to Bank Vars and possible bypass
Limitations to Bank Vars and possible bypass
Aug 29 2010, 5:31 pm
By: Deev  

Aug 29 2010, 5:31 pm Deev Post #1



I read in a guide to using bank files, that there is a limitation to how many variables you can load up from a bank file, around 80 at the time of posting, this was in the beta and I know the beta was severly limited in the first place. But, is there still a restriction? I see no notes about that exact restriction being removed?

Anyhow, I figured if someone wanted to make an RPG, and they had to save in bank file a looot of booleans (Has done that quest yes or no) .. (Slapped a gnome yes or no) .. (Likes Mexican food yes or no) then would it not be possible to take Var(QuestDone) 0/1 & Var(GnomeSlap) 0/1 & Var(Food) 0/1 and convert them all (this is just an example with three, but there is no limit) into a interat variable with binaree numbers. Eg. Yes, Yes, no = Var(int) 110. That way you sort of save three vars into one var and thous reducing the amount of loading. I don't know if this makes much sense to anyone else than me, just thought I'd post it, if we don't share thoughts, we'd all still be makin' melee maps ,')



None.

Aug 29 2010, 6:09 pm Temp Post #2



I don't think there are any bit shifting functions but there may still be operators in the language itself. If you could that would get you 32 booleans per integer.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: DarkenedFantasies