Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Timers
Timers
Aug 22 2010, 8:34 pm
By: Alzarath  

Aug 22 2010, 8:34 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

So here's what I have:

Code
   Actions
       Timer - Start Obliteration Timer as a One Shot timer that will expire in 10.0 Real Time seconds
       Timer - Create a timer window for Obliteration Timer, with the title "Obliteration", using Remaining time (initially Visible)
       Timer - Set timer for Obliteration Timer Window to (Last started timer)
       General - Wait 10.0 Real Time seconds
       Timer - Destroy Obliteration Timer Window


The timer starts up and counts down well, but the timer isn't removed.



None.

Aug 22 2010, 9:03 pm Temp Post #2



Do you mean the timer window or the timer?



None.

Aug 22 2010, 9:11 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

TimerStart((TimerCreate()),5.0,false,c_timeGame)
TimerWindowCreate((TimerLastStarted()),"",true,false)
TimerWindowSetTimer((TimerWindowLastCreated()),(TimerLastStarted()))
Wait(5.0,c_timeGame)
TimerWindowDestroy((TimerWindowLastCreated()))


That works for me. I think I'm doing the same except the time and time type. :S
Maybe try it with saving the window in a variable...




Aug 22 2010, 9:15 pm Alzarath Post #4

Praetor

I already have it in a variable. Maybe that's what's wrong.

Yup, got rid of adding it to a variable and just made it 'Last Created timer window'. Works fine now.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 22 2010, 9:30 pm by Artanis186.



None.

Aug 22 2010, 11:58 pm Temp Post #5



That may be because you never set the variable to the last created timer window.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet, Mr.BurnLiquid, Symmetry