Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Map Wide Explosion
Map Wide Explosion
Aug 17 2010, 8:55 am
By: JACofNoIdea  

Aug 17 2010, 8:55 am JACofNoIdea Post #1



I want to make a map wide explosion (with some fancy animation) that is triggered after a certain timer hits 0. The explosion will only impact enemy units (deals 30% dmg to them) and will also deal 10% damage to ALL units within a certain range of the trigger that activated the timer initially. The explosion can be used multiple times, since the timer can be reset over and over until the game ends. It's pretty much a king of the hill situation, where when someone claims the hill for 1 minute the explosion is triggered. The hill can be captured infinitely until the game ends (its a regular melee map with the king of the hill as an added twist). I'm assuming just tying the explosion to the timer (which is already working to reset and whatnot) is all I would need to do.

I was looking through the data editor (for the first time) trying to make an explosion, messing with effects and abilities and what not, thinking it would be straight forward. But, I got lost and have no idea what to do -_-. It would also be okay if after 1 minute a unit is spawned that is controlled by the player who triggered the timer and that unit can cast the explosion, and then die, if that makes it easier.

I have attached the map file that I want to do this on. There is coding for the timer in there, which I assume would be important since the explosion would have to be worked around that code.

I assume this will be quite a bit of work, so (unless someone feels up to walking me thru it all lol) if anyone knows of a tutorial that would fit this situation that would be more than enough. Thanks!

Attachments:
King of the Forgotten Hill.SC2Map
Hits: 0 Size: 1818.16kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 17 2010, 9:02 am by JACofNoIdea.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur