Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Data Editor confuses the hell out of me
Data Editor confuses the hell out of me
Aug 15 2010, 7:53 pm
By: Riney  

Aug 15 2010, 7:53 pm Riney Post #1

Thigh high affectionado

Next Problem: Trying to create a spell that levels. I have found where the requirements are for each level, however Im lost on where you set the damage for each level.

My problem: How should one create a new unit in the Units section of the Data Editor? Ive noticed copying it makes it all screwy and creating something entirely new well...its missing everything. What is your suggestions on how I should create a new unit.

I tell ya though, triggers were a small pain then I get em like its nothing, its this data editor thats giving me so much trouble. Id have a map out already if it wasnt for this overly complicated shit.


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2010, 4:49 pm by Tristana.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Aug 15 2010, 8:39 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Until SeN gets its own tutorial, try this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-659/depth-unit-creation-168893/



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 15 2010, 9:01 pm Echo Post #3



When you're making a unit, you have to make sure you include all of its components. Copying it by default won't give you everything. You have to include the unit data, actors, and model.

It might be a bit confusing and unorganized, so I suggest you add prefixes to find things easier.



None.

Aug 15 2010, 10:47 pm Riney Post #4

Thigh high affectionado

Thanks for the help so far, Im going to be changing this topic around alot while I work on my zombie map. Ill post details and screenshots soon to keep everyone well entertained :awesome:



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Aug 16 2010, 3:10 am Riney Post #5

Thigh high affectionado

Obligatory double post.

When I do what that tutorial states to do...it links everything thus making it impossible to make another unit using the same basis of the original because they'll ALL just change. How do I make a unit without this happening?

Edit: Now I could just go back and make completely new objects (Where I can) in the areas I dont want the linking to occur, such as a completely fresh inventory is rather easy.

Edit 2: Never mind, it just copied everything AGAIN.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Aug 16 2010, 3:13 am Jack Post #6

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

If you're asking what I think you are, you may have to copy weapons and such and link to them manually,

Or try this http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/tutorials/5096-data-creating-new-units-easy/#posts



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 16 2010, 3:16 am Riney Post #7

Thigh high affectionado

I dont see anywhere in that tutorial on how to link manually.

Never mind I THINK I MAY HAVE ACTUALLY OF GOTTEN THIS TO WORK. *Facewall*



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Aug 16 2010, 3:21 am Jack Post #8

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

It's not in the tutorial, but you make new weapons or copies of weapons, and change the unit links for weapons to point to the new weapons. Something like that.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 16 2010, 3:27 am Riney Post #9

Thigh high affectionado

See I always thought you had to do something on the left side, when in reality everything is on the right side. Still havent found actors or sounds yet, but we're in business



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Aug 16 2010, 4:08 am Riney Post #10

Thigh high affectionado

Cant figure out how to add an actor, and both of those tutorials are BAD and for the beta editor. rather just the first one.

After FINALLY figuring out what the 12 year old was saying in the second tutorial, I found out how to give my damn actor to my unit.

Edit: Look at OP

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2010, 4:49 pm by Tristana.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet