Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Drawing Lines for Reference
Drawing Lines for Reference
Aug 13 2010, 10:30 am
By: fat_flying_pigs  

Aug 13 2010, 10:30 am fat_flying_pigs Post #1



I often put shapes in my maps, such as a pentagon, were 2 sides border opposing bases, and 3 of the points would be hills. This combined with squares triangles and others make interesting, but symmetrical maps (terrain). I was wondering if there was a way to draw reference lines from one point to another. Other wise I'd have to use air units and draw crappy lines; this takes up much time, and is rather annoying to do.



None.

Aug 13 2010, 12:07 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Use regions for that. I've already done that in sc1. ;D




Aug 13 2010, 7:50 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #3



Regions work for horizontal and vertical lines only (very long rectangles/ovals). However, the majority of the lines have some slope to them. In fact, since I have all the end points of the lines, I could find the exact slope if needed.

A drawing I made of the map... Just need to get it on the map now.

Sorry it's blury >.<

Edit: New Pic:


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 13 2010, 8:36 pm by fat_flying_pigs.



None.

Aug 14 2010, 3:46 am payne Post #4

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/topic/11588/
Look at the mirror part (at the end of the post).
I believe it'd simplify your task a bit. ;o



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
[06:12 am]
NudeRaider -- with proper backups he wouldn't need to search his powerpoints.
[02:41 am]
Symmetry -- The savagery
[02:40 am]
Ultraviolet -- doesn't exist :shifty:
[02:22 am]
Symmetry -- FROM THE CREATOR OF REINDEER BREEDING AND REINDEER BREEDING 2: THE HUNT FOR EX'S PP https://scmscx.com/map/yDYY52cc
[2026-10-05. : 6:14 am]
NimoStar -- But even if she wasn't, the whole NSDAP stormtrooper wing was gay-led back then
[2026-10-05. : 6:13 am]
NimoStar -- rainbow mafia? That gal is like against gay rights (even if she is a lesbian) for example adoption
[2026-10-03. : 7:42 pm]
Symmetry -- Everybody needs somebody to hate, amirite?
[2026-10-03. : 6:57 pm]
Ultraviolet -- even the rainbow mafia is getting accused of being far right now :lol:
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid