Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Vision for all players
Vision for all players
Aug 8 2010, 12:54 am
By: Striker  

Aug 8 2010, 12:54 am Striker Post #1



I need to know how to make a player group then have vision be shared for all players any help would be nice.
I tried having all players put into an empty player group but i don't know if that's what i was suppose to do. :ermm:



None.

Aug 8 2010, 1:05 am shmeeps Post #2



If they are all allies, then just look under the trigger category "Players" and find "Player - Make all players in Player Group treat each other as Ally/Enemy/Neutral With Shared Vision" (Or just search for it). This method must specify an allied/enemy/neutral relationship though.

Otherwise, you will have to do something along the lines of

Code
Player Group - For each player PlayerI in (All players) do (Actions)
   -Player Group - For each player PlayerJ in (All players) do (Actions)
       -Player - Turn player PlayerI Shared Vision On towards player PlayerJ


There's probably a more effective way than that, as this will take a second to run (and really should only be done once. The first method seems the most viable.



None.

Aug 8 2010, 11:44 am Devourer Post #3

Hello

Easiest way is this:
there is a action called like "Set alliance for all players in player group" (or something similar, search in the category Player Group, you'll find it).



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 8 2010, 7:29 pm shmeeps Post #4



Quote from shmeeps
If they are all allies, then just look under the trigger category "Players" and find "Player - Make all players in Player Group treat each other as Ally/Enemy/Neutral With Shared Vision" (Or just search for it). This method must specify an allied/enemy/neutral relationship though.
But again, you can't ignore the enemy/allied/neutral flag, as it must be set through this trigger. If they are all allies or all enemies or all neutral, this trigger will work fine. However, if you only want mess with shared vision, and not the allied/enemy/neutral flag, then you'd have to use something like the second method i posted.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 6:58 am Vincent Post #5



Quote from Devourer
Easiest way is this:
there is a action called like "Set alliance for all players in player group" (or something similar, search in the category Player Group, you'll find it).

Yeah this works, I've done it myself.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet