Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Mods For StarCraft 2
Mods For StarCraft 2
Aug 3 2010, 3:56 am
By: Joshgt2  

Aug 3 2010, 3:56 am Joshgt2 Post #1



So, I just got done watching this video that InfoUplink (Traveler) just posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7nGEh6_ri0

All I have to say is, where can I find something like this and where are these being held at? I really enjoy StarCraft 2 as it is, but this makes it go above and beyond what I ever had expected from it... if anyone knows anything about where to find these and what not please let me know. Thank you.



None.

Aug 3 2010, 4:29 am payne Post #2

:payne:

The guy is somehow wrong: this isn't a mod, as far as I know.
It's simply one imported icon (the little hand in the menu) and a bunch of dialogue boxes with text around.
Everything is easily doable with triggers. :P

Now, if you're searching for the exact same map shown in the YT link you've provided, it's right here.
I believe this looks like a very boring system to play with for more than 5 minutes...
I am still asking myself why he says it's a FF thingy, since all that is done yet could basically be related to Pokemon as well, to a certain degree. Really nothing special much about the battle system. :S



None.

Aug 3 2010, 4:47 am Joshgt2 Post #3



Well, I'm not as impressed any more..... I thought that it could be done with triggers, but I'm still going through the learning curve with the map editor. Thanks Payne



None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:00 am DevliN Post #4

Woah

Yeah, that guy basically just copied the test video and slapped it on his ad for a hard drive. Haha.



Quote from payne
The guy is somehow wrong: this isn't a mod, as far as I know.
It's simply one imported icon (the little hand in the menu) and a bunch of dialogue boxes with text around.
Everything is easily doable with triggers. :P
I think he called it a mod because Blizzard calls custom maps "mods."

Quote from payne
I believe this looks like a very boring system to play with for more than 5 minutes...
I am still asking myself why he says it's a FF thingy, since all that is done yet could basically be related to Pokemon as well, to a certain degree. Really nothing special much about the battle system. :S
It's called a Final Fantasy thing because that's the battle system from the early Final Fantasy games. It was actually a really great system for people who prefer turn-based battle systems.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet