Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Map crashes right after briefing
Map crashes right after briefing
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 17 2010, 10:02 am
By: Kimaru2  

Jun 17 2010, 10:02 am Kimaru2 Post #1



Ugh. I just added a heapload of triggers to v1.06 of the map attached and I turned it into v1.07. Now v1.07 crashes right after the briefing, though all I've done was add a ton of triggers. I checked my map in MapStats: it said 1388 triggers and 442/442 strings. I don't know if the strings has anything to do with it.

To give you an estimate of how many triggers I added, I added about 10000 lines worth, as stated in the text trigger editor.

EDIT: I just deleted all the triggers I added as a troubleshooting technique and the crash persists. Now I know it's not the triggers, but I didn't add anything crash-worthy, like an erroneous sprite or bad disabled unit...

EDIT: Now it's giving me the error "Too many obsructions, try widening corridors..." but there is almost no change in terrain from v1.06 to v1.07

Attachments:
Final Fantasy IV RPG v1.06.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 365.79kb
Final Fantasy IV RPG v1.07.scx
Hits: 3 Size: 408.57kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 17 2010, 10:14 am by Kimaru2.



None.

Jun 17 2010, 11:05 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

The units, sprites and triggers aren't causing the crash.

At least I stopped the crash with deleting the doodads in the right lower room.

If I delete only 1 doodad there, I get the error like you.

So, delete some doodads (I just deleted 3 trees in that room and it works again {west, north, north east}).




Jun 17 2010, 7:44 pm Kimaru2 Post #3



Thanks, but I fixed it by filling in some unused areas at the bottom with high dirt. Maybe I should troubleshoot before posting :lol:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]