Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: I fail at making Phantom maps
I fail at making Phantom maps
Jun 15 2010, 12:58 am
By: Kimaru2  

Jun 15 2010, 12:58 am Kimaru2 Post #1



Hi, more than a year ago I decided to make a phantom map using the extra mining and shared resource concepts with the binary count-offs, but it always had a glitch where if a phantom was killed, the map wouldn't run its trigger to tell us, even though the trigger is correct. All my triggers look right. I've decided to fix this after these long months, but when I look at my map, I see nothing wrong. I don't know if it's because I'm screwing up the randomization or if it's because I'm randomly allowing for 1 or 2 phantoms...

I'm just waiting for someone to look at this and tell me my triggering is atrocious.

Attachments:
Phantom [Shared] v1.4.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 238.88kb



None.

Jun 15 2010, 12:28 pm Aristocrat Post #2



I can't open it right now, but here's an easy mechanism to detect any number of phantoms:

-Give each phantom 1 death of something you haven't used as a DC (Uraj Crystal, Cantina, whatever).
-When player commands exactly 0 buildings, remove that player's units and set that DC to zero. (Or defeat him directly to acheive the same purpose).
-When All Players have Exactly 0 deaths of that DC, all phantoms have either been defeated, or quit. Achieve victory.



None.

Jun 15 2010, 9:24 pm Kimaru2 Post #3



I'm using a DC for phantom (ruins) but I think the issue is a bit more complicated than what you suggested. I also need to know how to detect when a phantom leaves, as opposed to having lost all his buildings but he gets to stay and observe.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jul 4 2010, 4:26 am by Kimaru2.



None.

Jun 15 2010, 9:32 pm Aristocrat Post #4



Quote from Kimaru2
I'm using a DC for phantom (ruins) but I think the issue is a bit more complicated than what you suggested. I also need to know how to detect when a phantom leaves, as opposed to having lost all his buildings but he gets to stay and observe.

If he leaves then the death count for the phantom would equal exactly 0.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@