Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Inverse Desert Tileset Outpost ramps?
Inverse Desert Tileset Outpost ramps?
Jun 8 2010, 5:04 am
By: Marine  

Jun 8 2010, 5:04 am Marine Post #1



Basically this is a request; for either someone to provide a map that has a bunch of desert inverse ramps that includes outpost ramps or to actually make the ramps themselves. I would really appreciate it.. thanks guys!



None.

Jun 8 2010, 2:43 pm Aristocrat Post #2



Quote from Marine
Basically this is a request; for either someone to provide a map that has a bunch of desert inverse ramps that includes outpost ramps or to [because I am too lazy to] actually make the ramps themselves. I would really appreciate it.. thanks guys!

is what I read.

(j/k)

I tried this before and failed miserably. There is no way of blending structure to a ramp that also has structure terrain. I can make backwards ramps using non-structure terrain that blends somewhat to it, but those don't have forwards counterparts.

Ask Gigins.



None.

Jun 8 2010, 7:03 pm Marine Post #3



Heh, I have tried myself and failed miserably at it. I'm no terrainer :/



None.

Jun 9 2010, 6:27 pm Tempz Post #4



Map in attachment.... btw you start googling more XD



None.

Jun 9 2010, 8:31 pm Marine Post #5



None of those work.. the outpost ones are all facing downward. I need them inversed so they're facing upward :/



None.

Jun 10 2010, 3:45 am stickynote Post #6



I've never seen any nice looking ones. They all look terribly ugly.



None.

Jun 23 2010, 4:42 am Tempz Post #7



I can make inverse ramps but they kind of ugly :O if you like i will make them



None.

Jun 23 2010, 9:03 pm Tempz Post #8



After checking professional desert maps i found that no one has created a desert ramp that was at least main stream
Secondly Making a balanced inverted ramp is nearly impossible after over 2 - 3 hours of work

It can be done as long as your willing to sacrifice the a mirrored version of the regular ramp

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 24 2010, 1:39 am by Tempz.



None.

Jun 24 2010, 9:41 pm Aristocrat Post #9



Quote from Tempz
After checking professional desert maps i found that no one has created a desert ramp that was at least main stream
Secondly Making a balanced inverted ramp is nearly impossible after over 2 - 3 hours of work

It can be done as long as your willing to sacrifice the a mirrored version of the regular ramp

I used inverted desert ramps for this map...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=124252



None.

Jun 25 2010, 2:56 am Tempz Post #10



Well the main reason i didn't post my large array of different ramps is that it was incredibly block so is yours :O



None.

Jun 25 2010, 3:01 am Aristocrat Post #11



Quote from Tempz
Well the main reason i didn't post my large array of different ramps is that it was incredibly block so is yours :O

If you consider what I had "incredibly blocky"...

POST YOUR RAMPS. NOW. DO WANT. O_O



None.

Jun 25 2010, 4:07 pm Tempz Post #12



mines were no better :O
i found the best inverse ramps were just what jungle high dirt - jungle dirt is :(



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE, Symmetry