Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Unit Selection Question
[Solved] Unit Selection Question
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 29 2010, 8:17 pm
By: Sperate  
Polls

May 29 2010, 8:17 pm Sperate Post #1



I'm (mostly) remaking a basic RPG map from SC1 in SC2, and while I was a fair hand at SC1 triggers, I never really did anything with WC3 triggers, so the new editor blows my mind.

I have a pretty basic situation. I edited the Larva to be able to move around, and placed a single Larva for each player in the area of the map I roped off for hero selection. I can have each player select a hero, and that's fine. I need to be able to determine which players aren't actually in the game, so I can start the rest of the game once all the Larva in the selection area are gone. I also will need to know how to determine when all those Larva are gone - I currently don't see the old trigger option that there are no larva in x region.



None.

May 29 2010, 8:27 pm Temp Post #2



Assuming that each player has only 1 larva you could have a trigger which runs every 0.5 seconds that has a condition that player has 1 larva. This trigger could then turn itself on when run.

Realistically you should be using dialogs now though.



None.

May 29 2010, 8:42 pm Sperate Post #3



The way I look at it, a dialog just isn't a nice way to select your hero. I suppose it could be done, but I don't think it's that much cleaner.

Okay, that solves the problem for determining when the larva are gone, more or less, but I still need to know how many players I have. Is there a way to count the number of units in a given region? Seems kludgy.

I'd like to add one minor question to here instead of making a new topic:
I'm trying to order a unit to move, but the best I have is this:

Event: Any Unit enters within 1.0 of Point
Action: Order Triggering Unit to Ability Command (Replace Existing Orders)

when I click the link for Ability Command and search for Move, the only thing that coems up is hold Posistion, with no option for where to move to..

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 29 2010, 8:48 pm by Sperate.



None.

May 29 2010, 8:47 pm Temp Post #4



There is a function under PlayerGroup called ActivePlayers. This should return all players in the game.



None.

May 29 2010, 8:51 pm Sperate Post #5



Thanks. Topic can be locked, I'll figure the move thing out on my own.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City