Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Create Unit issue
Create Unit issue
May 20 2010, 10:19 pm
By: continuumgaming  

May 20 2010, 10:19 pm continuumgaming Post #1



I made a map where a nuetral dropship and a Science vessel need to spawn at a certain location and travel to the base. They do so repeatedly during the game.
The problem is that I want the dropship to spawn at about double the rate as the science vessel, but for some reason it takes forever to be created and the science vessel ends up being formed nearly four times as often.
Assistance would be wonderful.



None.

May 20 2010, 10:36 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I guess you are experiencing wait blocks.
Unfortunetly, the old sc1 wiki doesn't work. Seems to be disabled to find a memory leak or something like that.

Ok, you need to avoid multiple waits for a player. A player can only "progress" 1 wait at once.
That's why your Dropship won't spawn properly.

Using Death Counter Timers should solve every problem for you. :)




May 20 2010, 10:39 pm continuumgaming Post #3



I found a shortcut to solve my problems, but now I have a new issue.
How do I get the computer to use their burrowed hero zerglings?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2010, 11:10 pm by continuumgaming.



None.

May 20 2010, 11:17 pm Aristocrat Post #4



Quote from continuumgaming
I found a shortcut to solve my problems, but now I have a new issue.
How do I get the computer to use their burrowed hero zerglings?

Computers will not "use" heroes in the same way as normal units with AI Scripts or retaliation.

You must manually "Order" them.



None.

May 25 2010, 1:54 pm Ranzear Post #5



Junk Yard Dog works on heroes though, it just doesn't make them do anything useful.



None.

May 26 2010, 10:48 pm DavidJCobb Post #6



Quote from Ahli
I guess you are experiencing wait blocks.
Unfortunetly, the old sc1 wiki doesn't work. Seems to be disabled to find a memory leak or something like that.
Ahli, the oldwiki works, but only if you enter articles using the links on category pages. The category pages, of course, are accessible from the dropdown on the wiki's upper-left corner.



None.

May 27 2010, 8:23 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Now that works again....
last time I got an error when I tried to access that article...




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob