Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: EUD Mouse Over Display Text?
EUD Mouse Over Display Text?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 19 2010, 9:35 pm
By: Super Duper  

May 19 2010, 9:35 pm Super Duper Post #1



I have some text in the middle of a screen in an UMS map I recently started making. How do I make it so that when a player mouses over the Display Text that it displays MORE text at the bottom left of the screen?



None.

May 19 2010, 9:40 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

006CDDAC Mouse X Position
006CDDB0 Mouse Y Position
The addresses have changed, though since the new patch. I suggest you look around there for mouse position.

Figure out a range of values you want, for example, the center of the screen, make a 200x200 box or something. Then use a range to detect that the x position is in that 200 range, and so is the y position. The actual numbers may change a little.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 19 2010, 10:47 pm Super Duper Post #3



Thanks, but I am having trouble finding the mouse position :/



None.

May 19 2010, 11:00 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

mouse position on your screen:
X: Player 1, unit 27618
Y: Player 2, unit 27618
// coordinates: mouse on screen x: 0-639, mouse on screen y: 0-371
X-mouseoffset: Memory(331416, Exactly, pixelcoordinate);
Y-mouseoffset: Memory(331417, Exactly, pixelcoordinate);

edit:
I think they are correct. I forgot how I named my testmap and I'm to lazy to search right now...




May 19 2010, 11:53 pm Cinolt Post #5



The origin (0, 0) of the grid is in the top left rather than the bottom left. Take a screenshot and see what coordinates the text is in (XnView is free and can do this, I dunno about others)



None.

May 20 2010, 12:21 am Heinermann Post #6

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

Code
MouseX: 0x006CDDC4  |  Deaths of Terran Marine for Player 331417  |  Memory 331416
MouseY: 0x006CDDC8  |  Deaths of Terran Marine for Player 331418  |  Memory 331417


Range should be (0, 0) to (640, 480).

You have to use the condition and come up with a solution for displaying text yourself.




May 20 2010, 12:43 am stickynote Post #7



Note that that is single player only. The multiplayer version would be to do what Kaias and Lethal did; use unit order coordinate detection.



None.

May 21 2010, 11:11 pm Super Duper Post #8



Yes, I know its single player.

Anyways, this is solved. Kthxbai.

(@Ahli: Those are correct.)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob