+0 Armor?
May 8 2010, 8:18 am
By: i3righton  

May 8 2010, 8:18 am i3righton Post #1



So in this map, drones are used by all players. Problem is that only specific players can upgrade zerg units. And for balance, I need drones to have +0 Armor like +0 Weapon upgrades. How can I do this?



None.

May 8 2010, 8:59 am FlashBeer Post #2



You can't set the amount of upgrades per unit



None.

May 8 2010, 11:55 am i3righton Post #3



Thank you for reminding me?

Anyways, in more detail. All units can be set to +whatever number damage when upgraded, including 0.
(Example)Marine damage is 5 +5 per upgrade
Can this be done with armor? As it seems to be set as default x+1. But I have seen a unit with x+0 armor.



None.

May 8 2010, 11:57 am Zhuinden Post #4



Nope, I think the only thing you could use for this is EUD Actions, but that's a bit over the bridge.



None.

May 8 2010, 12:04 pm i3righton Post #5



Strange, I swear I saw a map were regardless of how many upgrades of armor you had, your civilian's armor wouldn't increase. Oh well, thanks.



None.

May 9 2010, 12:16 am Lanthanide Post #6



Armor upgrades are always +1 armor per up. If any particular unit is excluded from getting armor upgrades, such as the civilian you mention, then it'll only affect that unit type, and there isn't any way to transfer that property to other units.

Note that the ultralisk can get an additional 2 armor from their special upgrade, and this is applied as 2 +1 armor upgrades (so their box says 5 if they have the +2 armor and +3 regular ups).



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein