Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Error Loading a Map
Error Loading a Map
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 6 2010, 8:18 pm
By: StarBlue  

May 6 2010, 8:18 pm StarBlue Post #1



I was working on my Zerg Rebellion 5 map and when I went to test it it said that it was corrupted. I then went to SCMDraft2 and tried to open it, but it said that there was an error loading the map. Is there any way to fix this? I mean, seriously, I spent three days working on it and I don't want to lose my work.



None.

May 6 2010, 8:22 pm Ashamed Post #2

Hear me Raor!!

Get sc2!... but fo sho your scmdraft should of made back ups, load one of them babies!



None.

May 6 2010, 8:23 pm StarBlue Post #3



..... What? o_O



None.

May 6 2010, 8:24 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Open SCMDraft and find the "Back-Up Database". From there, find a good version of your map.



None.

May 6 2010, 8:28 pm StarBlue Post #5



Thanks, I'll try. -EDIT- I can't find it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 6 2010, 8:31 pm by StarBlue. Reason: I can't find it.



None.

May 6 2010, 8:58 pm Cinolt Post #6



Post the map - I could attempt to retrieve at least some map info for you (like triggers, strings etc).



None.

May 6 2010, 9:03 pm StarBlue Post #7



Here, thanks for the help.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 6 2010, 9:05 pm by StarBlue. Reason: forgot to attach the map



None.

May 6 2010, 9:10 pm Cinolt Post #8



The entire file's been replaced with zeroes, wonder how that happened. Looks like you're SOL if you didn't save backups.



None.

May 6 2010, 9:11 pm StarBlue Post #9



>_< SHIT! I'm screwed aren't I?



None.

May 6 2010, 9:19 pm Cinolt Post #10





If you meant you couldn't find the backup database option, there it is. It should have periodically backed up your maps.



None.

May 6 2010, 9:31 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #11



Quote from StarBlue
I can't find it.

Open a map that isn't corrupt or create a new map and then follow these steps:

STEP 1:

click to enlarge

STEP 2:

click to enlarge



None.

May 7 2010, 7:47 pm StarBlue Post #12



Thanks, guys, I really hope this works.
EDIT> The bachup database is blank.



None.

May 8 2010, 12:08 am rockz Post #13

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

You have lost all your files. I hope next time you make multiple backups of your work.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 11 2010, 10:13 am StarBlue Post #14



This topis is as good as locked.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob