Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Blocky Water
Blocky Water
May 5 2010, 2:26 am
By: Tharuk Zhal Omaenha  

May 5 2010, 2:26 am Tharuk Zhal Omaenha Post #1



How do you make water fill a valley smoothly? When I lower a section of terrain and fill it with water, it appears blocky on the diagonals. Is this a glitch, or am I simply doing something incorrectly?



None.

May 5 2010, 2:41 am donwano Post #2



Eh, post a picture. I think you need to use some shoreline tiles as well and meld a shit ton of them together to make it smooth.




None.

May 5 2010, 2:41 am stickynote Post #3



Can you explain that better? A picture or map would be nice.



None.

May 5 2010, 2:52 am Swampfox Post #4



Perhaps you need to lower the level of the water to whatever height your valley is at:





None.

May 5 2010, 6:34 pm Tharuk Zhal Omaenha Post #5



Quote from Swampfox
Perhaps you need to lower the level of the water to whatever height your valley is at:


No, that's not it. I've already lowered my water level and created a depression. Anyway though, the question no longer applies, as I'm having trouble duplicating the problem. Also, just to clarify, it was as if the water was restricted to using square tiles to attempt to conform to the edges of the pit it was in; it wasn't doing so smoothly. It's fine now though, on a different map with the same tileset.

Quote from donwano
Eh, post a picture. I think you need to use some shoreline tiles as well and meld a shit ton of them together to make it smooth.

Could you explain what shoreline tiles are, and the process you partially described?



None.

May 14 2010, 6:59 am Fallen Post #6



To actually answer the question of why it is square terrain: they want you to be creative and create you're own low land for the water to sit in. If you do that then the shape of it wont matter. The only part seen is were the the terrain isnt, and the were the terrain is the water will be a free shape, taking the form of the vally around



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet