Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Game Crashes an some triggers don't work
Game Crashes an some triggers don't work
May 3 2010, 7:46 pm
By: continuumgaming  

May 3 2010, 7:46 pm continuumgaming Post #1



I'm working on a map where I need to create some cocoons, among other things, but that trigger doesn't work.
Also, when I tried using the spell that creates more cocoons the game crashed and gave me some eroor about dividing by zero.
The error is in my starcraft folder, but I can't find it in the directory.
Does anyone know some possible issues that would cause this?



None.

May 3 2010, 7:53 pm Biophysicist Post #2



You can't create Cocoons. The best you can do is preplace them and Move them as needed.



None.

May 3 2010, 7:54 pm Vrael Post #3



Some units can't be created in-game, they have to be pre-placed in the editor then to use them with triggers, use the Move Unit/Give Unit actions. The reason for the crash is probably related to trying to create these units in-game. Unfortunately the Cocoon is one of them. Almost any unit that isn't a normal Melee unit or the Hero version of that unit can not be created in-game.



None.

May 3 2010, 7:54 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I think you can't create cocoons. Why StarCraft crashes is beyond me. You should find the error log and post it in the sticky.




May 3 2010, 8:05 pm continuumgaming Post #5



Thanks, everyone.
Looks like I have a lot of re-triggering to do, I'll just replace them with shuttles.
About half of my triggers use them.



None.

May 3 2010, 10:53 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from continuumgaming
Thanks, everyone.
Looks like I have a lot of re-triggering to do, I'll just replace them with shuttles.
About half of my triggers use them.
scmdraft's text trigedit and any text editor can easily find and replace the unit.

If the crash is related to your map, there may be some EUD triggers (memory condition) extended unit, invalid string usage or maybe a unit's max HP is set to 0.

But I've never had a div by 0 error, if I remember correctly.




May 3 2010, 11:58 pm Aristocrat Post #7



An invalid wav is a common source of crash for triggers like these. Perhaps that's the cause?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein