Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Bound with more than 64 actions
Bound with more than 64 actions
May 2 2010, 2:45 pm
By: mapping4joy  

May 2 2010, 2:45 pm mapping4joy Post #1



I tried to make a bound with more than 64 actions, but it didnt work. Can someone tell me how? This is what I used.

Switch(Switch 9, Set);
--------------------------------
Comment("Switch 9");
PreserveTrigger();
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-1, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-2, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-3, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-4, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-5, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-7, CurrentPlayer);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-1, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-2, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-3, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-4, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-5, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-7, All Players);
Wait(575);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-8, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-4, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-3, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-2, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-1, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-6, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-5, CurrentPlayer);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-8, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-4, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-3, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-2, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-1, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-6, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-5, All Players);
Wait(575);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-5, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-2, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-3, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-4, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-7, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-1, CurrentPlayer);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-5, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-2, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-3, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-4, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-7, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-1, All Players);
Wait(575);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-5, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-4, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-3, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-2, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-1, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-6, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-8, CurrentPlayer);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-5, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-4, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-3, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-2, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-1, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-6, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-8, All Players);
Wait(575);
SetSwitch(Switch 99, Set);




Switch(Switch 99, Set);
--------------------------------
Comment("Switch 9");
PreserveTrigger();
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-8, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-4, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-7, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-2, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Arbiter, 9-6, CurrentPlayer);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-8, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-4, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-7, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-2, All Players);
KillUnitAt(All, Men, 9-6, All Players);
Wait(575);
SetSwitch(Switch 9, Set);



None.

May 2 2010, 3:53 pm Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

Last year, I made a bound for a member of my clan to show him how I made my bounds. I think it could help you. The bound triggers are under player 7.

Download Apos' Dark Shadow Bound

Edit: I removed the file by accident... Edited my link.

Edit2: ...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 2 2010, 4:02 pm by apos.




May 2 2010, 3:57 pm mapping4joy Post #3



Why is it in... German?

Zum Downloaden der Datei klicken Sie bitte auf den Download Button:

whats that mean?



None.

May 2 2010, 4:02 pm Apos Post #4

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from mapping4joy
Why is it in... German?

Zum Downloaden der Datei klicken Sie bitte auf den Download Button:

whats that mean?

My bad... I had removed the file by accident. Should work now :D




May 2 2010, 4:08 pm mapping4joy Post #5



Oh, you used death counters, I'm sorta lazy to delete everything and do it all in death counters. I was looking for a way to just use another switch for the ob to go over 64 actions.



None.

May 2 2010, 4:15 pm NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Your method works. Well that is if you're clearing the switches somewhere because if not, both triggers would run the same time instead 1 after another.
Otherwise you're probably running into wait blocks or you're not using hyper triggers.




May 2 2010, 4:15 pm Apos Post #7

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from mapping4joy
Oh, you used death counters, I'm sorta lazy to delete everything and do it all in death counters. I was looking for a way to just use another switch for the ob to go over 64 actions.

If you really want to keep your waits (With all what comes with it), you can just use a death counter at the end (the 64 action) and make a the next trigger based off that death count.

Example:
If bound 1 is going and if Death of a unit == 0, do your first 63 actions.
If bound 1 is going and if death of a unit == 1, do your next 63 actions. (And so on)

I remember seeing a wiki article about the method I'm explaining.




May 2 2010, 4:17 pm NudeRaider Post #8

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Apos
If you really want to keep your waits (Will all what comes with it), you can just use a death counter at the end (the 64 action) and make a the next trigger based off that death count.
That doesn't make sense. Switches work just as well.




May 2 2010, 4:21 pm Apos Post #9

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Apos
If you really want to keep your waits (Will all what comes with it), you can just use a death counter at the end (the 64 action) and make a the next trigger based off that death count.
That doesn't make sense. Switches work just as well.

I use death counts because they seem to be more useful. If I decide I want to have a sequence of explosions I can use a single death count instead of multiple switches.




May 2 2010, 6:58 pm mapping4joy Post #10



Quote from NudeRaider
Your method works. Well that is if you're clearing the switches somewhere because if not, both triggers would run the same time instead 1 after another.
Otherwise you're probably running into wait blocks or you're not using hyper triggers.

Ohh, I'm so stupid, I forgot to make a trigger that clears the switches. Thanks.

By the way, one reason why I'm not using death counters is because I'm not willing to spend a heck load of time on this, and I'm using Angelfarto's BoundMaker.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 2 2010, 7:05 pm by mapping4joy.



None.

May 2 2010, 8:18 pm Apos Post #11

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from mapping4joy
By the way, one reason why I'm not using death counters is because I'm not willing to spend a heck load of time on this, and I'm using Angelfarto's BoundMaker.

Once you plan your bound, I think it goes faster having everything on different triggers since it's easier to spot mistakes if there are any. It took me less than 20 minutes to make the first 4 obstacle (There are 5 in the whole map). The map only took a couple hours to make after having done all the little details (Make a computer be able to bound at the side, music and so on.)




May 2 2010, 9:11 pm NudeRaider Post #12

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Apos
I use death counts because they seem to be more useful. If I decide I want to have a sequence of explosions I can use a single death count instead of multiple switches.
Uh yeah I would too prefer dcs for it, my point was that this isn't the problem.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein