Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: something to crash when looked at
something to crash when looked at
May 2 2010, 6:45 am
By: i3righton  

May 2 2010, 6:45 am i3righton Post #1



So I have this little square were you cant see in the middle of the map, I was hoping there is something that can be done there that will crash whoever 'can' see it(hacks). Is there anything/anyway to do this?



None.

May 2 2010, 6:47 am Jesusfreak Post #2



Yes. Simply place one of the unused units that crash when you look at them, and make sure that the only way a player can see them is if they're hacking or something.



None.

May 2 2010, 6:49 am i3righton Post #3



Unused unit? Like those scout things? Thanks! More simple that I would have thought haha.



None.

May 2 2010, 6:55 am Jesusfreak Post #4



Be aware that a couple of them don't crash, and some probably crash just by existing without you looking at them. Do some testing.



None.

May 2 2010, 7:44 am Lanthanide Post #5



And all of the more advanced cheating programs have special protections in place so that those simple units won't crash them.

You'll need something much cleverer to crash the best cheating programs, of which I have never seen a straight forward "how to do it" post here, despite many people asking.



None.

May 2 2010, 9:56 am i3righton Post #6



That's fine, I don't think I can get/do/make a good anti map hack. This is fine.

I have another problem, but I'll just ask it here instead of making a new topic.

Okay, my Spawning Pool wont finish building. It's build time is set as 1. The bar will fill up and stop when full, keeping it that way.

The only trigger effecting it is

Bring 1 Spawning Pool anywhere, move location to Spawning Pool at anywhere, remove all Spawning Pool, create one Cerebrate at location.

Any idea why it wont finish building?



None.

May 2 2010, 10:50 am Lanthanide Post #7



Make the build time longer. Build times are measured in frames, of which there are 23.80 per second on fastest speed. So 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 are all pretty much 'instant'.

Upgrades and techs use seconds (not sure if game, or real time) for their timers.



None.

May 2 2010, 3:57 pm Apos Post #8

I order you to forgive yourself!

I made an antihack that works with all hacks. I showed it to Zynastor and he said it was pretty clever and he couldn't patch easily (If it's even patch-able). If you want it, I can probably PM it to you.




May 2 2010, 4:19 pm NudeRaider Post #9

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Apos
I made an antihack that works with all hacks. I showed it to Zynastor and he said it was pretty clever and he couldn't patch easily (If it's even patch-able). If you want it, I can probably PM it to you.
PM it to me.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein