Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Remove All Units
[Solved] Remove All Units
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 2 2010, 4:31 am
By: Swampfox  

May 2 2010, 4:31 am Swampfox Post #1



Could someone enlighten me in the ways of removing ALL of a type of unit for a certain player?

ex. Remove/Kill all (Marine) for Player (1)

In my tron game, I need the line to be removed after you die, which is comprised of a bunch of units :(



None.

May 2 2010, 4:05 pm Morphling Post #2



First create a variable with the type Unit group:
Code
Unit Group Variable = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>

Next, in the trigger where you create your marines add this action after each creation:
Code
       Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Unit Group Variable

This is the action to remove the units:
Code
       Unit Group - Remove all units from Unit Group Variable




None.

May 2 2010, 11:02 pm Swampfox Post #3



Quote from Morphling
First create a variable with the type Unit group:
Code
Unit Group Variable = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>

Next, in the trigger where you create your marines add this action after each creation:
Code
       Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Unit Group Variable
I was already experimenting with these things.

Quote from Morphling
This is the action to remove the units:
Code
       Unit Group - Remove all units from Unit Group Variable
Damnit. I saw that function, but I kind of figured it only removed the units from the VARIABLE, not the map....

I believe the above statement is correct. I think the units are only removed from the unit group, not the map.

EDIT: Ok wtf. For some reason, I'm having trouble adding units to my unit group. I really don't understand why none of this crap is working. Any ideas?


EDIT: Nvm.... I had unit group set to 'No Unit Group' instead of 'Empty Unit Group'. :><: Lock topic now if you wish.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on May 3 2010, 2:34 am by Swampfox.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor