Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Mapping Techniques
Mapping Techniques
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 2 2010, 4:05 am
By: StarBlue  

May 2 2010, 4:05 am StarBlue Post #1



I have played many games that have really cool triggers, but I can't seem to figure out how to make them.
1-[ Speed Trigger : Make the games speed increase ]
2-[ Frozen Explosion : A rapidly repeated explosion ]
2-[ CPU AI : Computers that mine minerals, make units, and raid bases ]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1: NEVER TRIED
2: I tried a repeated explosion, but it always takes too long for the next explosion.
3: I have fiddled with the AI a bit, but can't figure it out.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Please help me



None.

May 2 2010, 4:09 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #2

Just here for the activity... well not really

1-[ Speed Trigger : Make the games speed increase ]

This is impossible to do as a trigger, but can be done.
HOWEVER, it can only be done at the very start of the game, and it is permanent: you can't un-speed up the game.



guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"


May 2 2010, 4:10 am lil-Inferno Post #3

Just here for the pie

Quote from StarBlue
I have played many games that have really cool triggers, but I can't seem to figure out how to make them.
1-[ Speed Trigger : Make the games speed increase ]
2-[ Frozen Explosion : A rapidly repeated explosion ]
2-[ CPU AI : Computers that mine minerals, make units, and raid bases ]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1: NEVER TRIED
2: I tried a repeated explosion, but it always takes too long for the next explosion.
3: I have fiddled with the AI a bit, but can't figure it out.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Please help me
  1. http://www.staredit.net/?p=tutorials&tut=70
  2. http://www.staredit.net/?p=tutorials&tut=17
  3. Try AI scripts such as "Area Town". Make sure the location is spread over the area the base will be at and that there are sufficient minerals.





May 2 2010, 4:19 am StarBlue Post #4



thanks!
1-[ PENDING : Hope this works ]
2-[ SOLVED ]
3-[ PENDING : Have yet to test ]

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 2 2010, 4:32 am by StarBlue. Reason: #1 now pending



None.

May 2 2010, 4:26 am lil-Inferno Post #5

Just here for the pie

I think by "2-[ UNSOLVED : No p15 ]" you were referring to one. If you're using SCMDraft (if you have a brain you are) then type in "Player 15" into the box that has the current player in it, then place a unit for it and it should be for player 15.

EDIT: Like so.





May 2 2010, 4:31 am StarBlue Post #6



*facepalm* Yes I was thinking about nuber one :lol: and I didn't know you could type it in, ok, I will edit it from UNSALVED to PENDING.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 2 2010, 4:33 am by StarBlue. Reason: PENDING not PENDINNG



None.

May 2 2010, 5:01 am StarBlue Post #7



1-[ SOLVED ]
2-[ SOLVED ]
3-[ UNDEFINED ]



None.

May 2 2010, 5:10 am Cinolt Post #8



3: Set a player as a computer, and make sure to set his race to what you want it to be. Place a location above the computer's start location, and have a trigger owned by the computer run this action once:

Run AI Script At Location 'Expansion (race) Campaign Insane' at 'Start location'



None.

May 2 2010, 5:12 am StarBlue Post #9



1-[ SOLVED ]
2-[ SOLVED ]
2-{ PENDING ]



None.

May 2 2010, 5:24 am StarBlue Post #10



1-[ SOLVED ]
2-[ SOLVED ]
3-[ SOLVED ]
THANKS, ALL OF YOU! SEN is THE best StarCraft forum site on the web, KUDOS! :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein