Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: I demand flying drones!
I demand flying drones!
Apr 30 2010, 1:51 am
By: Biophysicist  

Apr 30 2010, 1:51 am Biophysicist Post #1



Quick and stupid question. How to make a Drone fly?



None.

Apr 30 2010, 1:53 am Ckol Post #2



Go into the data editor and change the Drone's mover to fly, probably change the collision to fly as well.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 1:54 am Biophysicist Post #3



I can only edit the name of the mover. Everything else is greyed out. Something tells me that the name wouldn't affect anything. I'd test but there doesn't seem to be a single-player mode in SC2 beta.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 1:56 am Ckol Post #4



Grey just means unedited, not can't change
Double click where it says "ground"

Also, there is a test button in the editor that launches your map. The "SC" with the arrow underneath.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 1:59 am Biophysicist Post #5



You misunderstood. I did double-click on the mover where it says "Ground". A dialog box popped up, with a bunch of options. All of them were greyed out, except for Name. When I tried changing them, nothing happened.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 2:00 am Ckol Post #6



Are you looking at the drone unit object? Or the mover object?



None.

Apr 30 2010, 2:02 am Biophysicist Post #7



The mover object.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 2:03 am Ckol Post #8



Wrong place, go to the Drone Unit, look for the mover field.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 2:06 am Biophysicist Post #9



Erm, that's what I meant. Here's a screenshot that should explain what's going on:




None.

Apr 30 2010, 2:09 am Ckol Post #10



This is what your looking for.
What you're looking at is the links tree.

Attachments:
dronefly.png
Hits: 13 Size: 220.09kb



None.

Apr 30 2010, 2:25 am Biophysicist Post #11



Ah, thanks.



None.

May 12 2010, 1:33 am Demented Shaman Post #12



You can also change the height so that it appears off the ground in the Art - Height field, found in the same place.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor