Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Making Protoss Units HP-less
Making Protoss Units HP-less
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 28 2010, 12:19 am
By: LockeCole  

Apr 28 2010, 12:19 am LockeCole Post #1



So uhh, the way where you can make Terran/Zerg units without HP/MP/SHield Status in game by setting the shield points to "1215752192" (Max #) while the HP stays the same with SCMDraft, how would you do the same for protoss without changing the HP/Shield so that while in-game you won't see the Stats?



None.

Apr 28 2010, 12:36 am Lanthanide Post #2



I don't have an answer to your question, because I don't fully understand what you're asking, but it intrigues me as I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else.

Are you saying that with a terran (or zerg) unit, eg a marine, you can get it's shield points value to 1215752192 while still giving it 40 HP? Then in-game when you click on a terran marine it will not list it's HP value, that is it will appear like it is invincible, but it will in fact still have 40 HP and be able to be killed?

If that is what you're saying, then I suspect the answer is that you simply can't do it with protoss units, because they actually use their shield field. Staredit probably prevented the weird terran/zerg behaviour by limiting values to 65,536, I would guess.



None.

Apr 28 2010, 12:51 am NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Just set the shields to a really high value (5 digits and above should work) so the gui can't display the hp anymore.




Apr 28 2010, 12:56 am Lanthanide Post #4



Nude - I think he's trying to do it while still retaining low HP and shield values. So hence, "not possible".



None.

Apr 28 2010, 1:00 am LockeCole Post #5



Yeah, sorry about the load of crap. I'm tired, haha. I rephrased it else where, but yeah, I got an answer. Has something to do with vHP and a bunch of other complicated crap, not recommended he says. So, for my map I'll probably end up using Toss units as some sort of boss or something. lols. Less of a variety, but thats okay. Thanks though, :><:



None.

Apr 28 2010, 1:10 am Lanthanide Post #6



Although. If you set the protoss shields to a big value like 10,000, then have triggers that constantly set shields to 0, you may end up with no display on the unit, while still being able to use a small HP value?

Protoss shields take full damage from all damage sources, but almost all protoss units are either Small or Large - only the Corsair is Medium, so for the most part this isn't a big issue for them. Just using HP for your protoss units doesn't loose you much in the way of flavour - although they won't regen any shields or display the blue aura on the unit wireframe, which could be desirable side effects.



None.

Apr 28 2010, 2:21 am stickynote Post #7



Lanthanide, that might work, but I highly doubt it. The reason the hp stats disappear is because there isn't any room to display them. I think with even the highest possible shield points and setting it to 0 would not be enough.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]