Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Best "Glowing" Unit Color
Best "Glowing" Unit Color
Apr 11 2010, 8:12 pm
By: LoveLess  

Apr 11 2010, 8:12 pm LoveLess Post #1

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I am wondering if anyone has found a really good "glowing" color, one that draws your attention. It would be used for quest givers and really scream out, "LOOK AT ME!. It is on the Jungle tile set.



None.

Apr 12 2010, 12:39 am bobo Post #2



i really find color 16 to be cool its like a pulsing black\dark grey



None.

Apr 12 2010, 12:46 am Lanthanide Post #3



Note that extended colours look different on different operating systems and probably different versions of SC. I know that the 'cyan' colour in SCMdraft just looks like an ugly grey/speckled brown colour for me in Win7.

If you're using EUD actions and can directly control the value of the player colour then you'll be ok, though.



None.

Apr 12 2010, 1:20 am rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

13 looks like you stepped on an ant.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 12 2010, 3:07 am Oh_Man Post #5

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I think some colours actually crash users too, specifically Macs. So you may want to keep that in mind. Not sure which colours specifically, I'm sure its around SEN somewhere.

Also if your looking for colours simply to draw the players eye to the quest giver, then you don't even have to use extended colours, just use contrasting or obviously different ones.
Eg. the regular NPCs have blue colour, the quest givers have red. Pretty hard to miss.




Apr 12 2010, 5:23 am ImagoDeo Post #6



Quote from name:private_parts
I think some colours actually crash users too, specifically Macs. So you may want to keep that in mind. Not sure which colours specifically, I'm sure its around SEN somewhere.

Also if your looking for colours simply to draw the players eye to the quest giver, then you don't even have to use extended colours, just use contrasting or obviously different ones.
Eg. the regular NPCs have blue colour, the quest givers have red. Pretty hard to miss.

Very true. 65, although very pretty (approximating Pale Yellow 2 on Installation), crashed Ciara's mac when she tested it for me. Such a shame.

Be safe - go with red or some non-overflow color.



None.

Apr 13 2010, 1:37 am e(x)iLe Post #7



I've always liked pink as a stand-out colour. Just make sure to keep interactable NPCs the same colour and non-interactable NPCs a different colour and you're good to go. I wouldn't use contrasting colours like red/blue though.



None.

Apr 13 2010, 1:39 am Apos Post #8

I order you to forgive yourself!

EUD actions with Farty's green color. Or color 255 (With EUD actions) is an AWESOME white.




Apr 13 2010, 1:47 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #9

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Lanthanide
I know that the 'cyan' colour in SCMdraft just looks like an ugly grey/speckled brown colour for me in Win7.
SCMDraft has no correlation with the colors in StarCraft. On PC versions, at least, the colors are pretty consistent. Most of then don't change.



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 14 2010, 11:55 pm poison_us Post #10

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

It changes for each tileset too, right? For example, I know by brute forcing that all colors work for Jungle (0-255), but I remember back a couple years and not all work for twilight.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein