Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Double Colored Unit Names??
Double Colored Unit Names??
Apr 11 2010, 4:47 am
By: DeM)s.  

Apr 11 2010, 4:47 am DeM)s. Post #1



When I played some different maps (Don't ask me I can't remember which ones), I noticed that a units name seems like it has one color and then another color behind it.
Example:
Say red and then it seems like that light glowing green color is behind it.

I was just wondering if this is even possible or is my computer just messing with my mind. Lol.



None.

Apr 11 2010, 5:21 am ImagoDeo Post #2



You need to report this to a doctor right away!

Haha, no, just kidding.

This is the effect of forward/backward Overlap text. It's another 'color' that SCMD and other advanced editors can put on names etc.



None.

Apr 11 2010, 5:52 am Lanthanide Post #3



http://www.staredit.net/?p=tutorials&tut=66

Note that if you get it wrong, the names can end up being very hard to read. Also I know there's a webpage somewhere where you can enter a name and it'll generate the exact string you need to use, and then you can put in the colours you want. But I don't know where that page is, hopefully someone else will post a link to it.



None.

Apr 11 2010, 6:26 am Ultraviolet Post #4

We do a little trolling

It's on Falk's Zone under Web Programs. Here's a link to Falk's Zone: http://sites.google.com/site/falkonercow/Home.html?attredirects=0

It's a buggy site though and you have to download pages as attachments and then view them.

Edit: I just added some of my knowledge to this wiki article. You might find that information valuable.


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 11 2010, 6:44 am by NerdyTerdy.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Apr 11 2010, 2:05 pm Oh_Man Post #5

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from ImagoDeo
You need to report this to a doctor right away!

rofl!!!

Yeah I've used Falks thing its very helpful you just type it in and it auto overlaps it for you. I believe spacebars can f*ck with it though, so you may want to avoid those.




Apr 11 2010, 2:22 pm mapping4joy Post #6



When I tried falks zone I didn't get it. What was all the "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" at the end for? Did they mean spaces? It was so long I couln't fit it.



None.

Apr 11 2010, 3:25 pm Derqua Post #7



Use the string editor to put in longer names, it helps when using overlap.



None.

Apr 11 2010, 4:42 pm Apos Post #8

I order you to forgive yourself!

An other one that never messed up so far: Starcraft Overlapping Text Generator. Written by Morphling.




Apr 11 2010, 8:43 pm DeM)s. Post #9



Quote from ImagoDeo
You need to report this to a doctor right away!
Well I sure am glad I'm not going crazy Lol!

Also to all those who posted thanks alot!! It's been bugging me for some time because I thought it was really cool. :D



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein