Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Map wont show in Bnet or LAN
Map wont show in Bnet or LAN
Apr 1 2010, 5:57 am
By: mrkmg  

Apr 1 2010, 5:57 am mrkmg Post #1



Hello,
I am a first time poster but long time reader of this site. Never had a reason to create an account until now. EITHERWAY:

I made a UMS map using SMCDraft2. I added all my triggers and stuff and tested it by myself in single player with custom game. I am to the point where I need to test the balancing of the units but when I host my game, it will not show up. I tried LAN(udp/ip) with friends. If I hosted a different map they could see my game. When i tried to use my map they couldnt. I then used windows filesharing to give it to my friend who tried to host it and again, no one else could see the game. I then tried to host it on BNET and again it wouldnt show up. Is there a setting or something I am missing?? Is this a common and easily fixed problem. Thanks for any help.



None.

Apr 1 2010, 6:39 am rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

don't but colors/overlap characters in the force names.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 1 2010, 6:58 am mrkmg Post #3



the force names are simply "Attackers" and "Defenders"



None.

Apr 1 2010, 7:00 am rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

sorry, don't use overlap characters in the map name. Force name doesn't matter. Colors should be fine, but overlap isn't.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 1 2010, 9:51 am NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Might also be other special chars in the map name/file name. Avoid things like '&', '+', etc.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider