Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to remove Ultralisks for players not here
How to remove Ultralisks for players not here
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2010, 8:50 am
By: Killer2121  

Mar 24 2010, 8:50 am Killer2121 Post #1



The title explains it all but for players that are not here there ultralisk doesn't get removed i tried checking all of the players on the chart to remove them but it only removes the ultralisks for the player that is here any help? heres the map vvvv

Attachments:
The Last Man Standing!.scm
Hits: 0 Size: 35.56kb



None.

Mar 24 2010, 9:08 am TheKeyToKilling Post #2



I made this map... been working on solving the issue for 5 hours... it's pissing me off... basically here's how map works.

There are 3 slot boxes per player... player 1 to 6 ultralisks rotate in em... u use civ to stop on color ur trying to get.

You want to get 3 of same color ultralisk to kill that player and remove them from game.

Last person still in game gets a point.... then it starts over... first to 3 wins... (sorta like hot potato but with slots)

The killing of players civs when u get 3 of same works and so does restart, but if u get a ultralisk for a human player that isn't currently in the game, then that ultralisk wont remove... that is the problem we are trying to solve.

If anyone has a solution or can get the map to work right... plz post back here or msg me l3ouND-DaKy2Kil@useast Channel Clan l3 (it's L3 not i3)

I'm willing to paypal $10 to whoever comes up with best working solution :)... plz help... plus special thanx on map

EDIT:
Also there's an error with unit placement sometimes... special help with that would be appreciated too.

EDIT2:
I'm testing with P1 and P2 in game... P1 is the 1 that's setup completely and should be working right... that is the 1 that u should be playing as for testing... (NEED 2 PLAYERS TO TEST)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 24 2010, 10:34 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts



None.

Mar 24 2010, 9:40 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from TheKeyToKilling
I'm testing with P1 and P2 in game... P1 is the 1 that's setup completely and should be working right... that is the 1 that u should be playing as for testing... (NEED 2 PLAYERS TO TEST)
simply set player 2 to neutral for testing....

I'm currently thinking about screwing your wait infected triggers and trigger what you want with death counts... I'm already sensing a mistakes you didn't post while I'm looking at the triggers.




Mar 24 2010, 9:45 am TheKeyToKilling Post #4



Quote from Ahli
Quote from TheKeyToKilling
I'm testing with P1 and P2 in game... P1 is the 1 that's setup completely and should be working right... that is the 1 that u should be playing as for testing... (NEED 2 PLAYERS TO TEST)
simply set player 2 to neutral for testing....

I'm currently thinking about screwing your wait infected triggers and trigger what you want with death counts... I'm already sensing a mistakes you didn't post while I'm looking at the triggers.

The waits aren't affecting the map... we already tested this theory -.-... i've dealt enough with wait blocks to know how to avoid em while still being able to use waits... i've finished 10 maps in my life... not 1 wait problem on any of em



None.

Mar 24 2010, 10:10 am Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

unit not removed bug:
-> remove the ultralisks for p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6 in the trigger.

All Players does NOT contain units of players that were created for nonexistent players.

edit:
I'll post the map after some testings for the unit cannot be created bug... need to delete my debug display actions, too...
atm the bug doesn't occur anymore... maybe I'm just unlucky/lucky atm...

edit:
Here is your new kill units trigger:
Code
Trigger("Player 1"){
Conditions:
    Switch("P1 Clear", set);

Actions:
    Set Switch("P1 Clear", clear);
    Remove Unit At Location("Player 1", "Zerg Ultralisk", All, "P1 Slots");
    Remove Unit At Location("Player 2", "Zerg Ultralisk", All, "P1 Slots");
    Remove Unit At Location("Player 3", "Zerg Ultralisk", All, "P1 Slots");
    Remove Unit At Location("Player 4", "Zerg Ultralisk", All, "P1 Slots");
    Remove Unit At Location("Player 5", "Zerg Ultralisk", All, "P1 Slots");
    Remove Unit At Location("Player 6", "Zerg Ultralisk", All, "P1 Slots");
    Wait(50);
    Set Switch("P1 Slot 1", set);
    Preserve Trigger();
    Comment("Nobody Killed Part 2");
    Display Text Message(Always Display, "You Missed.\r\nTry Again.");
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//





Mar 24 2010, 10:58 am TheKeyToKilling Post #6



SOLVED!




None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider