Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to I make multiple points of attraction
How to I make multiple points of attraction
Mar 21 2010, 5:02 pm
By: m.0.n.3.y  

Mar 21 2010, 5:02 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #1



So how do I do this? I am making like a racing map of sorts, and I want there to be certain spots where the players unit is moved to. Not forced to move, like just attracted there but if the player clicks a lot they can move past it. Here would be like an example
Player brings 1 unit to location Outer
Issue order Move unit from location Outer to location Inner
Wait 150 Milli
Preserve

The wait command is so it is actually possible for the player to move the unit. However, I don't want to use wait commands. I know I can use death counters, but I have 3 of these attraction points, and I tried using the same counter for each one, but it didn't work, and I don't want to make 3 different counters for each spot. So, how does this work?



None.

Mar 21 2010, 5:12 pm flagitious Post #2



hey this will do the trick:

conditions:
deaths of x at most 0
actions:
order all units at outer1, move to inner1
order all units at outer2, move to inner2
order all units at outer3, move to inner3
set deaths of x to 20
preserve trigger

coditions: always
actions: subtract 1 death of x, preserve trigger

(hyper triggers)



None.

Mar 21 2010, 5:26 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #3



wow thanks, got it perfect! I was splitting that one trigger up into 3 different ones, which was why it wasn't working i guess. thanks dude



None.

Mar 21 2010, 8:25 pm flagitious Post #4



no problem, it would also work with 3 separate ones if you only reset the death counter in the last one



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider