Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Can someone create a SCPM map for me?
Can someone create a SCPM map for me?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 20 2010, 3:05 am
By: m.0.n.3.y  

Mar 20 2010, 3:05 am m.0.n.3.y Post #1



Can someone create a SCPM for me of this picture: Volcano Picture
Specifications:
(yes) Size image to fit
(yes) Smooth Re-size
Tileset: Ashworld
Dimensions: 128X128
(no) Only use tiles that can be built on
Brightness: -4
Contrast: 9

Thank you so much whoever will do this for me, I need it for my map for the contest! (My SCMP isn't working)
Thanks



None.

Mar 20 2010, 3:26 am Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

Here it is the map.

Good luck




Mar 20 2010, 3:30 am stickynote Post #3



No no no! Use mapsketch, not scpm!



None.

Mar 20 2010, 3:31 am Apos Post #4

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from stickynote
No no no! Use mapsketch, not scpm!

I did use mapsketch :bleh:




Mar 20 2010, 3:37 am m.0.n.3.y Post #5



Thanks a lot man! haha I've been stuck on this for like an hour and it's supposed to be to easiest part of making the map haha
you save me :) thanks dude
topic can now be closed



None.

Mar 20 2010, 3:59 am m.0.n.3.y Post #6



Actually..there's another problem :( P1 is non-existant. He doesn't show up in the forces menu or in the pre-game lobby. I can create units for him etc. but nothing happens because you can't even be him. In the pre-game lobby there are only 7 slots.
what's wrong?



None.

Mar 20 2010, 4:14 am stickynote Post #7



Post in mapsketch topic in mapping tools. Farty will fix it.



None.

Mar 20 2010, 4:21 am NudeRaider Post #8

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It's a missing/corrupted start location which is a known ScmDraft bug. Try recreating it. If that doesn't fix it save the map in another program and then try again.




Mar 20 2010, 4:55 am m.0.n.3.y Post #9



Quote from NudeRaider
It's a missing/corrupted start location which is a known ScmDraft bug. Try recreating it. If that doesn't fix it save the map in another program and then try again.
What do you mean in another program? So I guess this means Mp)Apos could you create it again for me?
Also, does this corruption damage any other part of the map? I noticed that all the units have like 1% health, but besides that, is there anything that could severly damamge my map? I ask this because p1 isn't really need anyways haha

But I guess it would be safe to make it again. Please apos :D

EDIT: yeah im pretty sure it fcks up triggers, because the ones im trying to do aren't working. I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong, so must be corruption?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2010, 5:24 am by m.0.n.3.y.



None.

Mar 20 2010, 4:58 am EvilAngel Post #10



Quote from m.0.n.3.y
Quote from NudeRaider
It's a missing/corrupted start location which is a known ScmDraft bug. Try recreating it. If that doesn't fix it save the map in another program and then try again.
What do you mean in another program? So I guess this means Mp)Apos could you create it again for me?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think NudeRaider means saving the map in another staredit program like starforge or something.



None.

Mar 20 2010, 5:49 am Apos Post #11

I order you to forgive yourself!

Just copy the terrain to an other map.




Mar 20 2010, 11:18 am NudeRaider Post #12

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

There's always a chance the map got corrupted entirely by whatever but I was talking about the start location bug which is limited to the affected players' start locations.

When I said save it in another program I meant any program that's capable of loading and saving a StarCraft map. A good example is Starforge which was mentioned by Angel.

When you've just started your map Apos' suggestion is probably the best one.




Mar 20 2010, 6:40 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #13



Alright thanks, topic can be closed



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider